PDA

View Full Version : BA baggage allowances

Truck2005
25th Jul 2011, 20:24
I have booked Mrs truck and myself Club Europe to LCA, outbound only and returning Europe traveller. We have been told by BA that as we are Club O/B we are entitled to the same allowance back. Thank you very much.

I have just checked on line with my booking and this allowance reads 2 X bags each check in @ 23Kg max per bag. However, if you then select what the allowances are under the general tab it says that you are each allowed 2 X bags check in @32Kg max per bag Club Europe.

I could not get hold of Enquiries this evening so anyone of you professional travellers know the correct limit?

Cheers

Three Thousand Rule
26th Jul 2011, 09:43
Truck

This link on the BA site states you allowances clearly

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/execclub/_gf/en_gb

In summary, BA's standard weight allowance is 23kg per bag and there is usually a maximum weight (for H&S reasons) of 32kgs per bag. Normally BA levy a 'heavy bag' charge over 23kgs.

However, if you fly in a premium cabin, BA will waive this fee, as well as for certain frequent flyer card holders.

The page clearly states that you will receive the higher allowance for both segments.

Because you are travelling in Club Europe, you are allowed to take 2 pieces of hold luggage per passenger.

Enjoy your trip.

Truck2005
27th Jul 2011, 04:53
Many thanks guys. The last thing I wanted to do was turn up at T5 and have too much.

We are moving to Cyprus next year so Mrs T is thinking of taking stuff out and leaving it with the daughter. The way she is talking the entire wardrobe is on the move :)