PDA

View Full Version : Beware

thing
25th Jul 2011, 19:51
Passed my skills test today. The sky just became a much more dangerous place........135 days, 8 exams, one medical and 46 hrs 45 mins flying from start to finish, not a record and it wasn't a race anyway but just to show it can be done at a steady ambling pace. I am mildly satisfied.

Many thanks to my excellent instructors who bullied me through my course, you know who you are, and many thanks to my examiner today who couldn't have been better.

The500man
25th Jul 2011, 20:50
Congratulations! :D

I don't know where you are to know which bit of sky to avoid, so I guess I'll just have to start looking out the window a bit more! ;)

7of9
26th Jul 2011, 00:08
As i said on the phone earlier when you txt me you had passed.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

Hope you get your licence back in time to fly into Sandtoft EGCF on Saturday August 20th form our fly in...............:ok:
Cheers Trev

Oldpilot55
26th Jul 2011, 05:21
Trent Falls has just become a more dangerous place!

If the CAA have taken my money then I consider the contract is in place and I can fly regardless of whether I have the paperwork back. I guess this is a minority view.

thing
26th Jul 2011, 07:37
Cheers guys.

Hope you get your licence back in time to fly into Sandtoft EGCF on Saturday August 20th form our fly in...............http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifNot that you're reminding everyone then...:). Hope to make it up there.

Turned over your place on Sat, I take it the access road running through the industrial estate is the runway?

ct8282
26th Jul 2011, 07:44
Trent Falls has just become a more dangerous place!

If the CAA have taken my money then I consider the contract is in place and I can fly regardless of whether I have the paperwork back. I guess this is a minority view.

Ha, I share your views but sadly until you have that piece of grossly overpriced and poorly printed paper you can't fly on your tod.

Many congratulations though and welcome to the club. I always thought the high and lows would settle off once I had passed but if anything they're more extreme now. I had a pants flight the other day and made a couple of poor decisions on a couple of things and it's been bothering me, big time, ever since. Equally a good flight with good technical aspects and decisions and I'm on top of the world.

7of9
26th Jul 2011, 07:53
Turned over your place on Sat, I take it the access road running through the industrial estate is the runway?

The Runway is the newest looking bit of tarmac around, If you were looking at 05/23 with a couple of rather large Arrows pointing at the 23 end then yes that was us.............:E

Quote:
Hope you get your licence back in time to fly into Sandtoft EGCF on Saturday August 20th form our fly in...............
Not that you're reminding everyone then.... Hope to make it up there

Got to get the punters in............He He:O

cheers trev

stevelup
26th Jul 2011, 11:41
Ha, I share your views but sadly until you have that piece of grossly overpriced and poorly printed paper you can't fly on your tod.

This has been discussed ad nauseum in the past, but there is no reason why you cannot fly solo after your skills test if the flight is authorised by your instructor.

Obviously you can't take passengers...

SDB73
26th Jul 2011, 18:06
Congratulations!