PDA

View Full Version : aerobatic in UAE

paolo.theflyer
24th Jul 2011, 11:59
Hi Guys,
i m moving to Dubai, so:
Does anybody know if are there some airfields where it could be possible to rent any aerobatic toy?
Or also if is there the possibility to base in UAE my own little plane? tks!

MrMachfivepointfive
24th Jul 2011, 14:21
Aerobatic toy? Nothing to rent, as far as I know. As far as basing your own bird, I would talk to the people in Jazirah.
Jazirah Aviation - Home (http://www.jac-uae.net/)

a747jb
25th Jul 2011, 09:35
Hey paolotheflyer,

Have some bad news regarding aerobatics. The long and short answer is there is absolutely nothing. In fact, there was a group about a year ago that looked into simply starting an aerobatic club, and that wasn't even feasible. The GCAA is very very anti aerobatic it would seem and in fact, i think they might even consider it to be military type flying. I looked into bringing over an aerobatic airplane myself and it is completely cost prohibitive (unless your a heck of lot more wealthy than most pilots I know). For example, a sectional chart runs about 525 dirhams (nearly $150). As for renting regular airplanes, there really isn't much there either. There are some microlights you can fly in Ras Al Khaimah, but that is about it. Sorry to break the bad news to you, its been killing me for the past 3 years not being able to bug smash :(. Good luck with your move over here.

SassyPilotsWife
26th Jul 2011, 16:36
Paolo,

Welcome to the sandpit

While you may not be able to do any acrobatic flying here, just get in the left hand lane on 311 between DXB and RAK or on 66 between DXB and AAN. It is a death defying act(if you're lucky)!

If you want to see acrobatic flying, just pull over to the side of the road and watch (bring a grill and the whole family!). Someone usually winds up acrobatically airborne before taking out a light pole or landing into oncoming traffic. :eek:

I never knew Lambo's could sprout wings and fly so fast!

(naughty post I know) :E

w7daawi
27th Jul 2011, 09:08
Welcome to the sandpit

While you may not be able to do any acrobatic flying here, just get in the left hand lane on 311 between DXB and RAK or on 66 between DXB and AAN. It is a death defying act(if you're lucky)!

If you want to see acrobatic flying, just pull over to the side of the road and watch (bring a grill and the whole family!). Someone usually winds up acrobatically airborne before taking out a light pole or landing into oncoming traffic.

I never knew Lambo's could sprout wings and fly so fast!

(naughty post I know)

Love your post:ok:

paolo.theflyer
8th Aug 2011, 18:54
:{ tks, for the info... of course not good but at least now i ve a general idea of the facts... it is easier i think to come back to europe and fly there!!!