PDA

View Full Version : Diamond flight Academy Sweden

robclay26
23rd Jul 2011, 15:48
Hi all,

Was wondering if anybody has trained with Diamond Flight Academy in Kalmar, Sweden? Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia (http://www.flightacademy.se/) also uses name Air Diamond Academy?

I was wondering what experiences you had with the school? quality of Training? Fleet reliability? Etc I do see they use the Da42, so the planes are modern.

Any feed back would be fantastic. :)

Crey
26th Jul 2011, 21:52
I trained with them last year, when they only had one DA42, so I did all the training in the aircraft and was very happy with it. :O
The school is run by two easy-going instructors with experience from 737´s and businessjets.

Kalmar is perfectly located with 3 other IFR-airports within 30 minutes flying time. The DA42 that the school owns has TKS-anti ice and oxygen that was used regularly. Now they have a FNPTII sim that I have not seen, but I´ve heard that it is really nice.

The Swedish dealer for Diamond aircrafts is based on the same airport as the school, and they have a demo DA42 which we used when the schools 42 was in maintenance.
We also did a lot of navigations which was really interesting and good fun! :ok:

I got my training done in the agreed time and at the agreed price, so I can absolutely recommend them! PM me if you want more info.

DFAS
15th Apr 2012, 03:17
I would like to comment to your feedback.

1) We still have 100% pass rate on our CPL/ME/IR program and with no extra flight time than minimum required in all cases, but with an addition to this is we now have one that left us without finishing the program.

2) Yes, G1000 comes up with small improvements occasionally, quite minor in my opinion and should not be of any such large disturbances.

3) 99% of the landings are normally performed by the students themselves but we take over the controls before the aircraft crashes.

4) Plans might change due to weather. One day x-wind landings are better to practice when the wind is such.

5) Most of our students are from other parts of Europe than Sweden so all instruction is in English.

6) All students are scheduled to fly at least 3-4 days a week. It is of course up to everyone to decide of doing nothing or something in their spare time.

Henrik Johansson
Head of Training

s10an
15th Apr 2012, 19:32
DFAS BS: I have no experience with the school, but I am considering them strongly for my FAA conversion. When you write a post like you do, saying there are only negatives with the school, it appears more like you are on a smear campaign than give an objective review of the school. If the school truly was as bad as you make it sound like, I think there would be ALOT more negative reviews of the place.

Good to see the head of training chiming in here :ok:

Gear Up Landing
15th Apr 2012, 20:56
This guy sounds a little pi**ed with the school. It's easy to say thing without putting your name to the post.

The Head of Training of course will sell the school in the best light. I have not flown there but my friends who have recommended it to me. Wait for some more structured reviews before deciding!

classic efis
16th Apr 2012, 19:28
Different thread, different opinion :ok:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/466387-training-sweeden.html

B2N2
17th Apr 2012, 21:42
Different thread, different opinion

http://www.pprune.org/professional-p...g-sweeden.html

Keep in mind the positive review is from somebody who has only two posts and both are on the same thread. No posts since....:cool:
So I'd take that with a grain of salt.
With reviews this negative I would contact the poster and continue on PM and even call to see what the story is.
The school is going to continue to post good and this poster bad so it's useless to continue.

No RYR for me
29th May 2012, 09:30
Looks like the moderators need to do an IP check to see what is going on... Either a real disgruntled ex customer, ex employee or a competitor but being supported by a 1 post wonder... :ugh:

anywherebuthome
29th May 2012, 09:57
I went out to visit this school not so long ago to check it out before I decided where i was going to finish off my training. I'll just say that what I saw convinced me to finish it off with these guys. 6 students at any one time, 2 DA-42 aircraft and a brand new sim which I got to fly. The accomodation is on the airport and is in the same building as the briefing rooms. Your self contained, everything you need is within a 1 minute walk from your bedroom with regards to flight training. I managed to get hold of a few students on there own to ask what the place was really like as I too had read this one negative post. I wont lie I was a bit put off by it but as I had my flights booked and paid I went to visit anyway and decided to keep an open mind. From what I gather from speaking to students and the owners, this guy was one student who could'nt keep up with the pace of training, lost the head and left the school. I sat in for briefings and got to back seat one of the students IFR flights, it all seemed spot on to me and the students were very happy.

I would suggest to anybody looking at a school to train with, go out and visit the school as opposed to taking the word of anonymous posters on the internet and go with your gut feeling

Trolle
29th May 2012, 15:38
I would suggest to anybody looking at a school to train with, go out and visit the school as opposed to taking the word of anonymous posters on the internet and go with your gut feeling

This is the best advice to give any student. Everybody wants something different. Some want a hold-your-hand-and-spoon-feed-you-everything approach while others are content with a here-is-the-book-ask-if-there-is-anything approach. Both have their merits and appeal to different types of students.

Sounds like anywherebuthome got a transparent picture of the place and that enables him to make up his mind.

Obelixwings
2nd Jul 2013, 16:28
As a previous student of Diamond Flight Academy, I can recommend it for the following reason:
1. They go the extra mile for you: Do you have a problem they will do everything possible to sort it out for you. :D
2. Planes are brand new DA42s with glass cockpit
3. The student dorm has a high standard with nice rooms and clean bathrooms
4. The airport holds ILS, VOR and NDB approaches, great coastal crosswind that makes you an ace in xwind operations
5. Henrik and Michael have both business jet and 737 experience so they know what it takes to succeed! I got employed straight after graduation simply for the attitude they teached me to have.:D
6. They dont wear the damn uniform that makes teenagers loose their head and feel like fake kings.:=
7. head of training invites you home for beers and barbeque and takes you out to lunch...:D
8. The EASA controller makes sure that your nerves are calm on your graduating day.:ok:
9. Great classroom and stationary computers for your disposal:8
10. Make you feel like they appreciate you for being there, not just the money you pay.:)
11. They makes sure that you have the theoretical foundation you need before skilltest.:D
12. State of the art FNPT2 simulator to cut cost and make you a skilled IR pilot:cool:
I can go on and on! Bravo, finally a flight school that know what they are doing!

So if you manage to mess up with DFAS, its really you that is a problem!!!!:ugh:

HIGHFLY33
12th Nov 2015, 18:53
great review,

Thinking about doing a FAA to EASA conversion course.

Can anyone confirm that Diamond flight Academy Sweden is still up and running ?

any resent reviews from former students ?

flyfly4
13th Nov 2015, 07:35
Hi HIGHFLY33, a close friend just finished his CPL/ME/IR in Diamond Flight Academy in sweden and he is really happy for having done it there. Absolutely fantastic he told me. When I will have to do my CPL/ME/IR i will go right there, without doubts!

Eavr
13th Nov 2015, 21:22
Hello,

I did my ME CPL IR training with the academy. They are absolutely great. They do conversions regularly, just email them!

Shutdownatpl
5th May 2016, 01:11
Anyone had any recent training with them? Recent graduates please review. Thank you

ATIS31
7th May 2016, 18:48
Yes Shutddownatpl I am also considering them and would love to hear from current students

flyfly4
8th May 2016, 09:34
I know a good friend that finisehd a few months ago, couldn't be happier with DFAS. Ill be joining it in a few months too ;)

Shutdownatpl
9th May 2016, 17:15
Does your friend found a job yet? Have he paid same amount as he was qouted?
When are planning joinning them?

flyfly4
10th May 2016, 16:36
yes he has an interview the next week! after less than 3 months since he finished everything, im still with my atpls so i still have a few months to go

Shutdownatpl
7th Jun 2016, 19:43
Anymore feedback from recent graduates? Woukd be interesting good or bad, as long as it is true!

78Whiskey
20th Aug 2016, 20:48
Highly considering this school. Anyone with more information on past experience regarding the place and level of training they received will be greatly appreciated. Plus, weather wise - what time of the year do people recommend?

Hoping to visit in the next month or two to have a look at the place myself.

Thanks

Transsonic2000
25th Aug 2016, 15:57
Hmm, I'm always a bit skeptic when I hear nothing but praise about a school, particularly from newbies who just recently joined the forum, claiming they are former students and only wrote one or two comments :hmm:

Shutdownatpl
28th Aug 2016, 15:57
Hello,

I joined schools June course for CPL/IR/ME, and it was defiantly the best decision in my life. It was a group of 8 students... From very first day school made us welcomed and valued..

There 4 full time instructors and 2 part time... so each of us had plenty of attention..

All of us passed both cpl/me and ir first time..

Would definitely recommend school for anyone who wants quality training..

IF in doubt at least give them a visit...

pilot10p
28th Sep 2016, 15:53
What's it like living and feeding yourself there?