PDA

View Full Version : British Companies Employing Non EEC Aircrew

fireflybob
5th Jul 2001, 13:48
As an experienced pilot who is currently unemployed, I am interested to hear whether non EEC aircrew are still being employed by any British airlines?

------------------

Oxford1G
5th Jul 2001, 14:05
Hi Firefly,
How many jet hours do you have, are you a TRI/TRE etc?

Red Snake
5th Jul 2001, 18:34
No problem - as long as you have a CAA/JAA licence & right to work in the U.K.

fireflybob
5th Jul 2001, 19:22
Red Snake, yes I know you can work in the UK if you have a permit but what I am interested in is how many permits are currently being issued?

gurnzee, would you care to opine your comments?

Jetdriver
5th Jul 2001, 19:45
Fireflybob,

Valid question . I am a little confused in that your profile states you are a retired Pilot as opposed to an unemployed one ?

My attention was also drawn to your homepage which appears to be advertising a commercial website.

As for gurnzee's comment I neither understand it, nor condone the tone so it it has been removed.

fireflybob
5th Jul 2001, 20:57
Jetdriver, yes, my profile shows retired pilot because that's how I feel!

The web address is another income stream.

I am 50 years old, TT 14,000 hours, 9,000 on jets but feel as though I am on the scrapheap as far as aviation is concerned!

It is 6 years since I flew a big shiny jet because of a family bereavement but throughout that period I have been continuously employed as a pilot.

Because of family commitments and my role as a single parent I am looking for a job which does not mean relocating or a long distance commute.

Because of my recent experiences in applying for a job the purpose of my post was simply to ascertain how many non EEC crew are in the employ of Bristish airlines.