PDA

View Full Version : Dumb or Droll

notlangley
19th Jul 2011, 21:48
First of all an apology - because of my incompetence I have evidently deleted my previous thread whose title I did not like . Sorry about that.

This thread is for PAX, cabin crew, flight crew and security staff to post conversations that they overhead in an airport or in an aircraft.
Sometimes these comments are "tongue in cheek" (Droll), sometimes "foot in mouth" (Dumb).

An example of Droll is this announcement which is said to have been made by a Kulula employee:
"Welcome aboard Kulula 271 to Port Elizabeth. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

An example of Dumb behaviour is the steward on a Qantas plane on 31 May 2009 who held the safety instructions upside down as he was attempting to point to the exit information . This steward was extremely unlucky because he had this rare thing - a passenger watching him.

Please do not post racist nor sexist items, no matter how funny they are.

Three Thousand Rule
20th Jul 2011, 07:16
I don't know what category this falls under, but I recall another safety demo where the lifejacket the lady donned had the following word printed across the front

DEMONSRATION

Demons ration.

Put me off lunch :E

Another security one....

"Sir, please take off your belt." "I am not wearing a belt." "You have to take your belt off, regulations require it." "What part of I am not wearing a belt are you have trouble understanding?" "You look as if you are wearing a belt." "I am not wearing a belt." "walk throught the arch, but if it goes off and you are wearing a belt, we will be very annoyed". Walk through 'bong' , he calls to colleague "check him for his belt", am searched, nothing illicit found, "colleague calls back", "what belt, he isn't wearing a belt"

You couldn't make it up.

ExXB
20th Jul 2011, 16:27
Droll

Many, many moons ago I was at Portland (Oregon PDX) airport early in the morning, after being diverted due to fog (at Vancouver) the night before. Sea-Tac was also closed!

As I await Western Airlines (I told you it was many moons ago) boarding of their B727 (ditto) aircraft I saw a mother and child (boy, maybe 8 or 9) talking and pointing out the window. The mother says "Look Junior, that airplane over their came all the way from Austria".

Being in Portland I was surprised. I looked over to see a B737-200 operated by Wien Air Alaska (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wien_Air_Alaska)!

notlangley
3rd Aug 2011, 23:34
This is only for those who do not already know it

‪British Airways commercial alternative‬‏ - YouTube