PDA

View Full Version : Currency

o7i
19th Jul 2011, 19:32
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction about currency requirements

Currency on type - How many hours do you need to have flown in what time frame to remain current on a type or is this solely up to your club?

Carrying passengers - I know you need to have done 3 T/Os / Landings but within how many days to be allowed to carry passengers?

Sorry if these are ignorant questions, it seems whenever I ask someone about this I get a different answer!

Thank you in advance

robin
19th Jul 2011, 19:38
If you are renting club rules apply. If you are part of a group, group rules apply. But overriding all of this is that if you feel out of currency, have a check ride. Don't ever fly solo or, worse, carry passengers if you don't feel fully on top of your flying.

Carrying passengers - I know you need to have done 3 T/Os / Landings but within how many days to be allowed to carry passengers?

Within 90 days - see LASORS

stevelup
19th Jul 2011, 19:42
There is no context of currency if you are flying alone. Clubs and groups may impose something but that will vary from situation to situation

With regard to carrying passengers, I don't know why you're getting conflicting answers because the rules are completely unambiguous.

In order to carry passengers, you must have made at least three take-offs and landings within the previous 90 days as sole manipulator of the controls. To take passengers at night, one of the aforementioned three take-offs and landings must have been at night.

stevelup
19th Jul 2011, 19:42
That'll teach me to eat and type at the same time!

RTN11
19th Jul 2011, 19:47
Most clubs require some form of "28 day check" usually claiming for insurance reasons.

If you own your own aircraft, only your own insurance policy would limit your currency to fly.

o7i
19th Jul 2011, 19:49
Thank you for your quick responses steve and robin. I would never fly without an instructor if i didn't feel happy with my ability and scrapped a flight only recently for this reason. Have since done a check ride and much happier now. Was largely due to converting onto the Garmin G1000 which all seemed a bit alien to me.

EDIT: Thanks also to RTN11