PDA

View Full Version : EK accomodation

lfrk
19th Jul 2011, 15:02
Hi guy's,

I am joining Emirates in few months, I've been advised by my coordinator that the furnishing allowance is going to increase from 30000 to 45000 AED ! :-)

I was thinking of taking the furnished accomodation, but now, I am really hesitating...

How long it would take and cost to furnished a 3 bedrooms flat ?? I know there is a big Ikea in Dubai but where else? Also is there is any option at ikea that when you buy stuff, some of their guys come and set up the furnitures?

What most people take? furnished or unfurnished?

The furniture allowance seems to be quite interresting, I am just a bit worried of having lots of packages in my living room when studying my Fcoms..

Cheers.

MrMachfivepointfive
19th Jul 2011, 15:52
Allowance looks like the better deal indeed. Ikea will deliver and build the stuff for a nominal charge. You will also have Emirates Pilots Club discount at some major furniture outlets, such as Home Centre. If you like a bit more rustic, have a look at Pinkies in Sharjah.

Silky
19th Jul 2011, 16:31
check out ww.bubizzle.com all you want and more there, depending on your plans, a single bed apt will leave you with plenty of change from the accom allowance, if looking into villas stay in company accom!:rolleyes:

Frolic
21st Jul 2011, 19:07
Are there any pictures online how a apt por a villa look like in company accom?