PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed PPL - Help Please

bluenose81huskys
18th Jul 2011, 17:52
Hi Im about to regain my Lapsed JAR-PPL which i Completed in 2001........... The last time i flew was in 2008 with an instructor and i couldnt continue due to redundancy and its now 2011 and Im in a great stablke position to regain my PPL-JAR

I Know I have to renew my RT Licence as it runs out next month

Will I need to retake the PPL Exams again???

mcgoo
18th Jul 2011, 18:21
No you wont need to retake the exams, just training as required and a skill test.

3 Point
18th Jul 2011, 18:56
Should be no problem. Take your license, logbook and any other relevant documents to a flying school of your choice and ask their advice. Provided your license is less that 10 years expired you should not have to do any theoretical exams, just sufficient training and then the skill test. How much training is sufficient you say? That's up to the CFI of the school you attend; I will generally fly with a guy to make an assessment then have a discussion with him about how comfortable he feels. An initial rough guess; 5 hours training then the skill test.

Welcome back to aviation!!

3 Point

BillieBob
18th Jul 2011, 20:58
For re-issue of an expired JAR-FCL licence, you will need to hold a valid Class 1 or Class 2 medical and hold (or have held in the preceding 5 years) a valid class or type rating.

No you wont need to retake the exams, just training as required and a skill test.The 'skill test' that is referred to above is the class rating skill test, not the PPL skill test.

How much training is sufficient you say? That's up to the CFI of the school you attendThere is no mandatory training requirement - refresher training is at your own discretion and not that of the school, although you may wish to take their advice. You are also at liberty to choose the FE/CRE to conduct the skill test

Provided your license is less that 10 years expired you should not have to do any theoretical examsThere is no requirement to re-take the PPL theoretical knowledge examinations no matter how long the licence has been expired.

Whopity
19th Jul 2011, 12:03
I Know I have to renew my RT Licence as it runs out next monthThe last time I flew was in 2008 with an instructor Your RT Licence will be reissued at the same time as your JAA PPL, as you have clearly used in the last 10 years, all you have to do is regain your aircraft Class rating and have a valid medical certificate.