PDA

View Full Version : BA Non-Type Rated Recruitment open

Chris Griffin
15th Jul 2011, 22:17
Closing Date: 12 August 2011

The Direct Entry Pilot Scheme is for experienced high calibre pilots who want to develop their careers with one of the most progressive international airlines in the business.

You will need:

For shorthaul vacancies you will have a current type rating, and a minimum of 100 sectors or 500 hrs experience, on a multi pilot aircraft with MTOW more than 10 tonnes or more than 19 approved passengers. You will also hold a UK issued JAA/CAA ATPL(A) (Full or 'Frozen').

For longhaul vacancies you will have a minimum total of 2000 hrs flying experience, and will hold a full UK issued JAA/CAA ATPL(A). Your total hours will include a minimum of 1000 hrs on jet transport category aircraft with a MTOW of greater than 25 tonnes, or multi-crew turboprop transport aircraft - or military equivalent - with a MTOW of greater than 50 tonnes.
In all cases your relevant experience will be current, or recent enough, so that you can conduct a Zero Flight Time (ZFT) conversion course at British Airways (for this requirement you will need to have operated the qualifying type within the 12 months preceding the start date of your ZFT course with us).

Rumour has it the FJ guys will have to wait tfn to apply - apparently BA have no plans to further reduce the requirements.

Good luck.

MrBernoulli
17th Jul 2011, 14:47
Those of you holding ATPLs, with the relevant aircraft experience, get your applications in now (applications close 12th August!!!!!!!). This recruiting is for intakes in 2012 (note the para at the bottom of the recruitment link, reproduced below), so will work even for those leaving via PVR. What have you got to lose by having an iron in the fire?

Please note:
Recruitment for these positions will be into the British Airways Hold Pool, from which we make offers to suitably qualified candidates as and when confirmed vacancies arise. Vacancies for pilots successful through this campaign may arise any time in 2012.BA Recruitment (http://gs11.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_ba01.asp?newms=jj&id=35250&newlang=1)

Just This Once...
17th Jul 2011, 14:56
Yep, suggest you drive to work right now, log in to JPA and hit the PVR button.

Manning don't work Sundays so it will take a while for them to react to this by raising the PVR waiting time to 18 months. It may help your next career move if you get the JPA acknowledgement before the inevitable 18-month knee-jerk.

Good luck to all!:ok:

Other career options are available, terms and conditions apply, objects in the rear-view mirror etc, may contain nuts...

Basil
17th Jul 2011, 15:14
Ah yes, I once enquired about the terms of PVR.
I have pondered these many years whether that enquiry had anything to do with being given an unrequested ATC qualification ;)

Not that it made much difference in the long run.

Re FJ; we'd a number of Harrier and Reds guys convert straight on to the B747.
Didn't seem to have any problems. One of them said the greatest difference was the inertia of the machine (I'd have thought assym as well).
I expect these were a little above average ;)again

MrBernoulli
17th Jul 2011, 15:56
Maybe so, Basil, but BA are thinking costs. If potential DEPs have the required 'heavy' time they can put through a shorter course, because they are ZFT qualified, and that means BA spending less money. FJ folk are required, by legislation, to undergo more training in big jets, in order to qualify for a rating = more money to 'train'.

It isn't a dig aimed at the FJ folk, it is just a fact of life in the cost-conscious world we live in! BA doesn't necessarily want the best polers, it wants those that meet it's requirements for the least cost. C'est la vie!

forcandle
17th Jul 2011, 20:05
What constitutes the hours requirement for ZFT at BA?

Chris Griffin
17th Jul 2011, 20:23
3 REQUIRED PILOT EXPERIENCE
A pilot undertaking ZFTT course shall have completed, on a multi-pilot turbo-jet transport category aeroplane or on a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a MTOM of not less than 10 tonnes or an approved passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers, at least:

(a) 1500 hours flight time or 250 route sectors if a flight simulator qualified to level CG, C or interim C is used duering the course; or

(b) 500 hours flight time or 100 route sectors if a flight simulator qualified to level DG, Interim D or D is used during the course.

When a pilot is changing from a turbo-prop to a turbo-jet aeroplane or from a turbo-jet to a turbo-prop aeroplane, additional simulator training approved by the Authority shall be required.

BA are definitely wanting ZFT guys and gals as Mr Bernoulli states. As an aside, although their phenomenal ability to fly a FJ is beyond doubt, some have problems transitioning to multi-pilot ops and utilising CRM - according to the 744 trg captain who beasted the crap out of me last week!

Trim Stab
17th Jul 2011, 20:36
Candidates still have to hold a type-rating - though not necessarily a type-rating for a BA aircraft.

It is interesting that they require UK issued licences - that was never previously the case with BA. I wonder what EU lawyers would make of that.

millerscourt
18th Jul 2011, 01:48
As it is British Airways will it be British jobs for British Workers as the late Gordon Brown once mentioned??

Basil
18th Jul 2011, 09:32
Thanks for the clarification.
It isn't a dig aimed at the FJ folk
No problem, wasn't taken as such. I'm an ex trucky anyway.

744 trg captain who beasted the crap out of me last week!
Aahh, how I miss it all ;)

Juan Tugoh
18th Jul 2011, 13:07
As it is British Airways will it be British jobs for British Workers as the late Gordon Brown once mentioned??

Okay, I will bite.

As BA is not bound by TCGB's concerns (incidently, I was not aware that GB had died and become the "late" GB) but rather by the law and commercial reality, I suspect it will continue with it's non-discriminatory employment policies. Or to put it another way - NO.