PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air abusing loyal pilots.

Not too small
15th Jul 2011, 21:51
Pilots are getting too tired from the way gulf air are flying them.
It's worst than a low coast.

Paper Lad
16th Jul 2011, 06:11
I guess it's the same with all the gulf carriers:sad:

salsaboy
16th Jul 2011, 06:14
Considering alot of it is reclaimed, you would have thought they could have simply built it higher in the first place. :O

ironbutt57
16th Jul 2011, 11:28
A low "COAST" is cool when there's a beach nearby!!

maninbah
16th Jul 2011, 14:38
GF has (at least for the past 20 years that I am aware of) always been abusive of pilot staff.. the smart ones leave and still barely any change..

brassplate
16th Jul 2011, 18:33
seriously, gf has never retained any of it's real talents. they get disillusioned, trampled on, demoted, and every other reason why any sane person would want to resign and make some other airline successful.
gf has the highest attrition rate of pilots in the world next to aeroclubs and really crap and dangerous airlines. they are lied to, back stabbed, overworked and persecuted by colleagues, especially those in superior positions who are only interested in keeping their overly-high paying jobs just to be yes-men.

Mephistopheles
19th Jul 2011, 17:18
I guess some of you guys need to discover the much talked about "tactical sickness". It has served me well over many years & believe me, it is all that keeps me sane. The ladies upstairs keep on bitching about because firstly they get to arrange their rosters so they do not fly the rosters we do & secondly when it all goes pear shaped thet get called in to fly. There is no respect for any us from the leeches upstairs a perfect example is that we are asked/forced to give up our leave & Mr COO is onn leave this month!
Never feel bad going sick when you have just had it-it's the safe thing to do.

Apache702
20th Jul 2011, 02:07
Plenty of nice jobs with nice people out there.
It is not easy to decide when you are all set up, we get lazy and we eat the crap.
for me i made my choice by elimination, asked myself where i don t want to be. So I resigned first because this is the first step. Just make the first step and you will see that you will not be lazy anymore and start searching for better fields. Everything is going to be fine. I can survive without money for a while.
Do yourself a favor, self-respect is the way to go.

Cheers and all the best.

flighttimer
24th Jul 2011, 23:06
Have a few friends, First Officers at GF.
Love the environment, and the people, the only prob they have with is how they are always given minimum rest flight after flight.

Agreed on the abusing of loyal Pilots.
Still a pleasant airline to work for.