PDA

View Full Version : Network recruiting in Perth-Questions

aussie027
15th Jul 2011, 04:10
Advert today shows Network in Perth recruiting for the Brasilia.

Does anyone in the know, preferably who works there, know why they are looking for type endorsed candidates only, especially FOs???

They require C & T Capts, Capts and FOs.
How many staff do they need??
Are they so short staffed they can no longer train new FOs on the aircraft??

Makes it impossible to get an interview anywhere if employers make being endorsed and in some cases current on their type a pre requisite as is common place in many places. :{:{

aussie027
20th Jul 2011, 06:05
Hmmm, 650 odd views and no responses.
Does that mean there isn't a single person in Perth that can answer my Q? Not one Network employee?
No unemployed pilots in Perth apart from me looking for a new position and interested when one of the local operators posts an extremely rare advert for actual vacancies??

PLovett
20th Jul 2011, 06:17
aussie207, got to agree with you. Common now for turbo-prop operators to want people with the appropriate endorsement. I wonder what they are going to do when there is no slack they can recruit from?

Mickster
20th Jul 2011, 14:11
aussie 027

The guys are probably working to hard to give you a response!

Network are probably asking for people with endorsements because they don't want to fork out the $$$ (they bond for 18 months) and they figure they can poach guys from Skippers.

They are short of crew and if you are interested I would stick an application in anyway.

Progression/movement should be pretty constant (1-2/month) for the next 6-9 months as the new a/c come online. Braz capt onto jet, Braz FO's to Captains and new FO's...the usual story.

Good luck.