PDA

View Full Version : MPL with alpha aviation academy

crazy_bird
14th Jul 2011, 18:21
After doing a bit of research on Alpha aviation academy, Sharjah and their entire tie up with air arabia, i have a question ..

i understand that after having more than 1500 hours i can convert my MPL to a CPL/IR if needed, but with respect to this air arabia program, if i do not get inducted into air arabia on completion of the MPL program with AAA, my MPL would be more or less useless, so, could anyone pls shed light on what would be the procedure of converting the MPL to an ATPL and the approx cost..

and frankly speaking, what our the chances of getting into an airline with an MPL ( in this case an MPL for a320)

Thanks,
Crazy Bird

crazy_bird
15th Jul 2011, 09:43
anyone? :ugh:

Airmann
15th Jul 2011, 11:14
I don't know if you can convert right away, syllabus for MPL is completely different from the traditional CPL(IR/ME) training.

Firstly, regardless of whether you are in the MPL or traditional training set up you can't get your ATPL until you have 1500hrs (well in Canada that's the number, not sure about elsewhere, but I think 1500hrs is pretty standard). People come out of flight school with FROZEN ATPLs meaning that they've done the theory and written the exams, but they don't actually have the license and won't get it till they gain the necessary practical experience.

Secondly, once you graduate with an MPL that's all you have. You will only have that license and will have to find an airline that will be hiring MPL pilots. However, having said that the number of airlines looking for MPL trained pilots is increasing day by day and I frankly would not be that worried about leaving flight school with an MPL. Frankly its difficult as it is with a traditional CPL.

Can you convert straight away to a CPL? No I don't think so, like I said the training is very different. The whole point of the CPL is that you will be able to get into a Cessna and fly single-pilot IFR which MPL training simply doesn't prepare you for. I was at a college during a time where there were MPL pilots doing their course at the same time as me and they were on a completely different syllabus from us, with very little resemblance to a traditional ppl/cpl course.

I suggest you take this question over to the Flight Training section, there will be people there with a lot more knowledge about these kinds of things.

crazy_bird
15th Jul 2011, 13:04
aah, thanks a lot mate

a friend of mine did ask an academy about their MPL program,but the problem with these academies is they never tell you the truth, they always try to make it look rosy and good and try to sell it to you, all this marketing actually puts you in a much more confused state !

but still, thanks a lot for your inputs

Crazy Bird

newcadet23
21st Jul 2011, 00:42
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/423554-alpha-aviation-academy-4.html

that should have all the info u need.

I am a current student of that academy

RP-C000
14th Oct 2012, 01:30
After successful completion of the MPL course with Alpha you join Air Arabia as a cadet pilot and complete your 1500 hrs of line flying on A320

Oce you have completed the 1500 hrs you can convert your MPL to a full ATPL issued by GCAA.

You can confirm this directly from GCAA. :ok: