PDA

View Full Version : Norwich QXC question?

Mr Cessna
14th Jul 2011, 13:49
When departing Norwich can you or will ATC allow you to climb to the overhead (mid point of the runway) and then set time and heading from there (I very much doubt it) or would I tell them that I intend to depart to the South East VFR (as im heading out towards lowestoft) and set time just before take off and after say 500ft turn and set heading?

Cusco
14th Jul 2011, 14:32
You won't get to cruise altitude by the midpoint of the runway: they will require you to climb straight ahead to a given altitude (they will tell you) before turning on track.

Your instructor will have told you how to make the necessary time/heading corrections to allow for this.

Won't he??

Cusco

Whopity
14th Jul 2011, 15:22
Pick a point away from the airfield, fly to that point and start your timing from there. That's a more common practice when leaving larger airfields where overhead departures are not usually an option.

Danscowpie
14th Jul 2011, 18:19
All you have to do is mention the request when you book out and we'll do our best to accomodate you.

thing
14th Jul 2011, 21:45
I've always been taught to find an easily recognisable feature about 6 miles away and start your nav leg/timings from there.

stiknruda
14th Jul 2011, 23:46
Should Dan's c-p and his chums be unable to accomodate your request you really need a plan B.

You say you are off to Lo'stoft.

There are a couple of masts at Poringland south of Norwich. So if one were to depart on either 09 or 27, one could either then turn right or left, then turn a further 60 degrees (right or left) towards a southerly heading, acquire the dual carriageway - find the masts and start yr timing from there! There are not too many dual carriageways in Norfolk and only one running easty/westy south of a major city!! Miss-identify and you are either south of Ipswich or in Holland!!

And plan C:

Or one departs on either 09 or 27 and if 09 maintain hdg - if 27 turn x-wind, turn downwind and head east, to the coast and turn right. Lo'stoft is the second large town, the one with ****-off wind turbine on the dock at the breakwater before the beach.

119.35 - they really are nice folk, unless a Wed or w/e, I'd not even consider Seething on 122.6 unless one has the abilty to simultaneuosly listen out on box 2 and the capacity to determine what one is hearing and from which box!

Have fun!

Stik

Cusco
15th Jul 2011, 11:46
Hmm: hadn't spotted that profile :

He would need a rocketship to be sufficiently high mid runway to turn on course at cruise altitude:

And if he's still climbing his timings will be out anyway.

Whichever runway he used he'd be flying over Nowich city at pretty low altitude, whatever cpd can give him.

Stik's idea smacks of good sense.

Cusco
15th Jul 2011, 11:49
cowpiedan:

If you are at Norwich ATC could I ask you what is company policy to assist a light a/c with landing gear problem when it approaches your crash/fire equipped field and asks for help?

If you are not at Norwich and just speaking generically for atcers, then disregard my question

Cusco

stiknruda
16th Jul 2011, 08:40
Heh Cusco, 25 grass was open at Old Buck yesterday - I used it!

no slots
16th Jul 2011, 09:52
Cusco:

What do you mean by that question?

Cusco
16th Jul 2011, 12:14
Al:

Only notamed closed for H24 while they shifted our knackered a/c

See flyer forums.

Cusco

Cusco
16th Jul 2011, 12:15
No Slots wrote:Cusco:

What do you mean by that question?

Simple question: simple answer requested.

skyfly150
17th Jul 2011, 07:25
Seething would have cleared it quicker....we have a teleporter!!

I see that the 'invisible Mr Cessna' started this thread!!

He flies in STEALTH mode and did and INVISIBLE landing at Seething.

Have a nice day everybody.

Danscowpie
17th Jul 2011, 19:20
Sadly, poor journalism is not the sole retreat of just the News of the World.

Unfortunately, CUSCO has the average mentality of the reader of the Red Top papers, being unable to read and assimilate a very poor headline along with the content of the story.:ugh::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The "readers comment" says it all.

Aircraft in difficulty diverted from Norwich Airport - News - Eastern Daily Press (http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/aircraft_in_difficulty_diverted_from_norwich_airport_1_96188 9)

Cusco
17th Jul 2011, 22:46
Cow pie:

If you are in ATC at Norwich you haven't answered my question.

It was my group aircraft and I am fully aware of the facts. What the press report is up to them: one doesn't have to believe it.

However someone resorting to personal abuse like that clearly isn't (fit to be) in ATC so forget my question

Whirlygig
17th Jul 2011, 23:32
The "readers comment" says it all.Does it indeed. :rolleyes:

One finds it remarkable that, given there are only a handful of ATCers at Norwich, that three Ppruners who claim to be such, all display the same beligerent attitude. Not worthy of you DansCowPie, not worthy. :=

Cheers

Whirls