PDA

View Full Version : Posting here from an Ipad

Aussie Bob
14th Jul 2011, 02:34
I have been trying to post here from an Ipad and the text box remains unusable no matter what I try. It appears that I can post in the topic box and I can mess around with my profile and stuff, just not reply to posts.

Can anyone tell me if replying to posts on PPRUNE is possible from a 3g Ipad?

rioncentu
14th Jul 2011, 02:58
Ive done it OK conected to wifi.

Aussie Bob
14th Jul 2011, 05:01
Tried both wifi and 3g. I can sometimes get a cursor to appear on wifi but only sometimes, guess I have to keep trying :confused:

rioncentu
14th Jul 2011, 05:18
I have had issues with videos not appearing etc.

The Ipad has its peculiarities that is for sure when browsing.

RENURPP
14th Jul 2011, 05:21
This reply is from an IPad. I've had no problems with wi Fi or 3G.

I'm not much of a computer nurd I'm sorry, but maybe your settings need adjusting.

DirectAnywhere
14th Jul 2011, 05:30
You'll have video issues rion as iPads/ iphones don't support flash.

Posted from my iPad.:p

Check your safari settings under Settings>Safari.

Check JavaScript is selected on perhaps? Not sure if the reply buttons use a JavaScript.

VH-XXX
14th Jul 2011, 05:34
Doesn't matter if you are on WIFI or 3G, if you can see PPrune then you should be working.

What happens when you press (click) on the white part where the message usually gets typed, does the keyboard appear?

The reason why videos don't work in websites sometimes is because the iPad doesn't support FLASH content. YouTube uses flash which is the reason why there is a separate app for it.

Aussie Bob
14th Jul 2011, 05:49
XXX thanks, I am now on Safari, the problem seems to be only with another browser I downloaded from the App store ... Guess there is a bit to learn with IPad, I only just got it ...

On the other browser the keyboard will not appear, on Safari it pops right up.
I got the other browser because it has an ad blocker, perhaps that is the problem.

Thanks all who replied ...

Ovation
14th Jul 2011, 06:09
Thread drift...........

There is an external Bluetooth Keyboard made by Logitech marketed by Zagg and cheaper online from the US than OZ (Gerry Harvey take note) inc delivery, that doubles as a protective case. It's far more versatile than the pop-up screen keyboard standard on the Ipad.