PDA

View Full Version : Can Pastafarians join the RAF?

Trim Stab
13th Jul 2011, 19:27
Can Pastafarian's now join the multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-sexuality RAF with a seive on their head?

Surely it is no worse than an RAF Chip Hat?

BBC News - Austrian driver's religious headgear strains credulity (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523)

Pontius Navigator
13th Jul 2011, 19:40
Are these Italians or people whose main fare is pasta?

DB6
13th Jul 2011, 19:45
Stout fellow!

Halton Brat
13th Jul 2011, 21:10
Trim Stab

The Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth; therefore, anything is now possible.

HB

TurbineTooHot
13th Jul 2011, 21:24
All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!!

:ok::E

indie cent
13th Jul 2011, 21:40
http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/91/wm/pd1188238.jpg

Green Flash
13th Jul 2011, 23:25
Once you have been Touched By His Noodly Apendage, all will become clear.:\

L J R
13th Jul 2011, 23:38
.....sounds painful

muppetofthenorth
13th Jul 2011, 23:55
Once you have been Touched By His Noodly Apendage, all will become clear

I'm sure the same thing happened in the Catholic Church... didn't have too happy an outcome for them.

GreenKnight121
14th Jul 2011, 02:50
A precept of Pastafarianism is that global warming and pirates are linked.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/Bager1968/Game%20stuff/Piratechart1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/Bager1968/Game%20stuff/havetouched.jpg

Grabbers
14th Jul 2011, 12:04
Only if they sign on the dotted line with a penne.

Fortissimo
14th Jul 2011, 13:20
Grabbers, that's awful, well pasta joke. And anyway, Pastafarians would not be allowed to join because there would be no way of pinning the cap badge on the sieve, and if the sieve was removed, the individual would be incapable of taking the strain of IOT.

oxenos
14th Jul 2011, 14:07
Should the inside of the colander be coated with peanut butter?

Fortissimo
14th Jul 2011, 14:24
No, Oxenos, certainly not - officers are now encouraged to use more modern hair products like gel. Peanut butter is far too messy and would attract flies if the Pastafarian was deployed to sandy parts. Also, the AFBSC would need to decided on the dress AP amendment re crunchy or smooth - perhaps smooth for parades and other ceremonial occasions, with crunchy reserved for No 2s?

The Helpful Stacker
14th Jul 2011, 15:00
Its a little known (possibly made up) fact that those hard-working chaps and ladies of Tactical Supply Wing are disciples of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The weak and needy swoop in, they are touched by the disciples rubber-covered noodly appendages formed in His image and then those touched by His greatness swoop away fulfilled and ready to do good in the world.

Honestly, they are spiritual people and not for one second would they consider rimming the spare coffee mugs in the crewroom.

Rustler
14th Jul 2011, 18:07
GK121, interesting to note that apparently global temperatures have been taking a slight dip over the last decade. Obviously this ties in with the increasing Somali pirate problem.

Trim Stab
14th Jul 2011, 18:23
I think the only fair solution in our secular society is that all holey headgear should be banned in HM Forces.

Lyneham Lad
14th Jul 2011, 21:18
I think the only fair solution in our secular society is that all holey headgear should be banned in HM Forces.

Good job there is no longer a requirement to use one's beret in the aftermath of a Lightning Avpin start then! :eek:

Dengue_Dude
14th Jul 2011, 21:48
Might be good when there is a need to withdraw . . .

sharksandwich
15th Jul 2011, 00:35
This was a deadly serious challenge to the Kansas State Education board, who were seriously considering replacing the teaching of science with the teaching of Christian religion.The main tenants of fundamental Christianity are basically that :the earth is only 8 thousand years old, God created the Earth, etc, scientific evidence to the contrary is led by the devil, and that scientific research is also Satan-led. Its key-stone is that it is led by blind faith, not evidence -in fact, the search for evidence indicates lack of faith, and should be discouraged.
The Church of the Spagetti Monster fulfilled all the requirements of religion (including the fact that the Spagetti Monster was inebriatated at the time of creation,leading to errors in perfection, liked beer, and lapdancers), mainly because it was also unscientific and unverifiable, and bonkers in every way.
After the inability of the school board to differientiate between Christianity and the Church of the Spaghetti Monster, on the grounds of lunacy,science won:Flying Spaghetti Monster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster)

Tankertrashnav
15th Jul 2011, 09:21
The Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth; therefore, anything is now possible.

Well possibly, HB:

In his 1996 autobiography Salt of the Earth, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger revealed that he was a member of Hitler Youth when he was 14 years old. The disclosure is not unexpected since during World War II, membership was mandatory for almost every teenage male in Germany. However, in a May 2009 trip to Israel, Benedict's spokesman told reporters that Ratzinger was never in the Hitler Youth, actually being in the Luftwaffe as an air force assistant. According to the Pope's brother, Monsignor Gregor Ratzinger, Josef was automatically placed on the Hitler Youth membership rolls on turning 14, as was required by law, but "did not attend meetings. In 1943 Ratzinger was conscripted into the Flakhelfer, teenage boys who assisted the crews of Luftwaffe antiaircraft guns; he eventually deserted and made his way to the American lines. The Ratzinger family, according to those who knew them, were very religious and hated the Nazi regime.

so your point is?

Halton Brat
15th Jul 2011, 09:58
Good morning Tankertrash.

I apologise most profusely if I have offended the religious sentiments of any Ppruners. Your most informative post clarifies entirely His Holiness's position during WW2. I was aware of the mandatory nature of Hitler Youth membership in that period; indeed any who dared to differ, on any subject with the Nazis, was incarcerated in Dachau as early as 1933.

I confess that I have been guilty of flippancy here; mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa..........

(Catholic) HB :(

Tankertrashnav
15th Jul 2011, 13:29
HB

Absolvo te in nomini Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

;)