PDA

View Full Version : Assistance

consultant11
13th Jul 2011, 17:58
Hi,

I am a (dreaded) recruitment consultant that works in the Oil & Gas industry and have been asked by a client to look at a role that is outwith my usual shall we say!

The role is a training manager for a flight simulation centre and i am finding it hard work getting my head around some of what i am looking for.

I have 2 questions i hoped to get answers for and would really appreciate any help that can be provided. I hope you dont mind me barging in on your forum with questions, i always find the best way to learn is speaking to the people in the know and what better way that going direct to source on a forum such as this.

1) SFI Instructor, i know what this stands for but is their an official accreditation?
2) Wet training, is this exactly what it says on the tin?

Thanks again for any assistance.

Geoffersincornwall
13th Jul 2011, 18:09
SFI = Synthetic Flight Instructor (please don't misunderstand the English, the title should read <<Synthetic Flight>> Instructor not <<Synthetic Flight Instructor>> - if you see what I mean) A man or woman who instructs using a 'synthetic flight device' such as a Flight Simulator.

Wet Hours - in the context of flight simulator training normally refer to the flight hours that use an SFI provided by the sim centre. 'Dry' hours are those flight hours for which the trainee uses an 'externally sourced' SFI.

'Wet' hours are normally more expensive than 'Dry' hours.

I use the term 'flight hours' in the context of Flight Simulators but I am sure you will understand that to mean correctly - the time a candidate occupies the training device.

Good Luck

G. :ok:

topendtorque
13th Jul 2011, 20:48
Wet training is like taking your honeymoon at Sandals. Dry training is BYO. Each has pros and cons for both ends of the transaction.

thus providing an intuition into the 'outside the box' -ahem- thinking that is required by candidates and instructors alike when entering new fields of endouver and being assessed in competency thereof - as well as providing us with a good laugh.

we don't need to be too Germanic in training.

hey lifting, did you reckon you needed wet "simulation" on your first honeymoon?

No_7DAD
14th Jul 2011, 16:28
The FAA has simulator instructor requirements under the Part 135 Operating rules. Here is the link:
FAR Part 135 Sec. 135.338 effective as of 06/16/2011 (http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/0/329E1B2945A6652C862578B100479402?OpenDocument)

hands_on123
14th Jul 2011, 16:38
this might help

Standards Document 43: Instructions and Procedures for Type Rating Instructor (Aeroplane), Synthetic Flight Instructor (Aeroplane) and Class Rating Instructor (High Performance Complex Aeroplanes) Course Providers | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=3039)

although its fixed wing based. i couldnt find the heli one

outhouse
14th Jul 2011, 17:36
FCL-2 FSTD-H And TGL-9 JAA Documents try them.:sad: