PDA

View Full Version : Red Arrows display at Greenock

BFLIGHT
13th Jul 2011, 10:21
Watching the usual superb display from the Arrows yesterday at Greenock (not directly over the Tall Ships berths). After the first pass their number dropped to eight. I wondered what the tech. problem might be for one of the team to r.t.b? Just being curious, otherwise the show was very enjoyable.

Wokkafans
13th Jul 2011, 10:36
Probably PVR'd :E

Halton Brat
13th Jul 2011, 11:09
In the current economic climate, defence cuts can & will occur with unexpected swiftness.

HB

green granite
13th Jul 2011, 11:48
Probably realized he'd forgotten to pick up the teams sandwiches and went back to get them. :E

Clever Techy
13th Jul 2011, 13:58
Perhaps he saw he was over Greenock and thought..."...oops ...hod on tae yer socks..." and decided to make a tactical withdrawal:E

sitigeltfel
13th Jul 2011, 14:40
It didn't clip the top of one of the masts, did it?

Nah, that could never happen. :p

fantom
13th Jul 2011, 14:41
The first defection to RAF Scotland.

airpolice
13th Jul 2011, 15:24
Strathclyde Police are reported to have taken two Port Glasgow men into custody on suspicion of reset. The men, John McPhee (35) and his son, Gerald McPhee (21) who are members of the travelling community, (Pikeys) are alleged to have told officers that they bought the Bae Hawk aircraft from a bloke in a pub.

This bloke has assured them it was his company vehicle that he had been allowed to keep in lieu of paymant when his employer (Big Liz's Flying Circus) went bust recently.

The MOD were unable to comment as their spokesman feared for his job.

Jig Peter
13th Jul 2011, 15:51
The last few posts on here surely justify being transferred to the "Banter" thread ...
Thanks both !

:E

A2QFI
13th Jul 2011, 16:06
To get back to the original question, with some reluctance, it could have been any one, or combination of things, which led the pilot to judge that it would be unwise to continue his contribution to the display

Really annoyed
13th Jul 2011, 16:22
with some reluctance, it could have been any one, or combination of things, which led the pilot to judge that it would be unwise to continue his contribution to the display

Really? I think we have that one worked out. I can see why you are an A2 QFI now.

nurjio
13th Jul 2011, 17:24
Meanwhile, their show at Silverstone last Sunday was, frankly, pointless. With the datum behind Becketts, the majority of race goers saw very little. I understand they can't display 'over' the circuit, but a better option would have been a series of fly by bends around the circuit - easily done.

All the difficult stuff was just too far away for anyone to appreciate.

callsign Metman
14th Jul 2011, 11:25
I see from the Greenock display that there's a new addition...

http://www.inverclydenow.com/index.php/gallery/gallery/ships-boats-and-maritime-images/tall-ships-event-july-2011/red-arrows-display-12-july-2011/tall-ships-red-arrows-display-photo-by-tom-collins-9601#

Romeo Oscar Golf
14th Jul 2011, 22:46
Really? I think we have that one worked out. I can see why you are an A2 QFI now.

That's better RA, made me smile. Better than taking the pi** out of a young kid!

A2QFI
15th Jul 2011, 10:03
Well a lot of people either don't know or are acting a bit dim - hence my helpful and informative post. Why don't you give it a try, once in a while?

Airbrake
15th Jul 2011, 10:21
And a statement of the bleedin obvious!