PDA

View Full Version : (not so) Easyjet!

Sparky87
10th Jul 2011, 16:44
Hi all I am just new here and thought I would let off some steam about this cowboy airline!

I am a frequent flier with KLM, but due to having to change aircraft at AMS I decided I would do a cheapie and go for an Easyjet flight to Spain (I had flown with them once but I thought that fiasco was a one-off) - what I didn't expect was a crap service with rude cabin crew! The flight was going fairly well until I asked for something to eat and a coffee, and because I didn't have change the crew member wasn't at all pleased! Then I pressed my button again to ask for something else and I got a huge sigh before asking what I wanted....I found the guy extremely bitchy and horrible! Has anyone else experienced the same nonsense aboard the great orange aircraft?

McGoonagall
10th Jul 2011, 16:57
OK, I'll rise to the bait.

Sparky, you are on a Lo-Co. No full service. Do what a lot of us do. In your carry on bag put what you like to eat before you get to the airport. (My preference is some sushi, filled roll, dessert). When airside buy some fruit juice, water. When the trolley comes past you then get a coffee, beer, wine, whatever....

Look after yourself.

:ok:

Sparky87
10th Jul 2011, 17:03
Thanks for the reply.

I did only want something from him, which is his job to provide me with. Next time I will be buying my own things if I ever have to fly with them again!. I need to find a great cheap airline because I spend so much time in Spain....bah. :hmm:

Sunnyjohn
10th Jul 2011, 17:29
Agreed. Liquids are essential but it defeats me why people feel the need to eat when they're in the air for less than two hours. Most people drive a car for longer than that and seem to manage without food. What is this obsession with eating? If you must, as the man says, take your own. It's a cheap flight - you get what you pay for.

Sparky87
10th Jul 2011, 17:40
I hadn't eaten in 24 hours due to being so busy...so getting on my flight was the first time I could properly relax! Plus what's the point in having these people to serve customers food and drink when all they do is huff and puff about it? not forgetting it's just not nice being so rude to anyone. I would never dream of huffing at work if I had to do something that is my job.

I love the KLM cabin crew, they're always so nice and friendly.

McGoonagall
10th Jul 2011, 17:57
You do get what you pay for. Just done a quick comparison. EasyJet commence direct GLA-AMS on 31.10.11. Taking 02.11.11 as a datum (midweek) the closest KLM flight to EasyJets only flight is 1610 arr 1850 and is quoted at £481 one way.

EasyJet with baggage, travel insurance and speedy boarding, 1810 arr 2045 is quoted at £54.70.

That leaves you with £426.30 to get a bit of food and a tot en-route if you can put up with the less than subservient crew.

I have no allegiance to EasyJet or interest in them beyond spending my readies on things that I enjoy.

:ok:

Edit: I too love KLM. Probably my favourite LH carrier alongside SQ.

FSXFan
10th Jul 2011, 17:57
OP sounds like LO-CO's just aren't for you. On my last FR flight cabin service passed me by altogether. When I did get their attention there was nothing at all to eat save a mars bar (which is surprising given their revenue model). The trick is to have no expectations of any service and you won't be disappointed.

Sparky87
10th Jul 2011, 18:06
Thanks for the replies guys. I just wanted to have a bit of a rant about them lol. No these cheapies aren't for me but I suppose for 30 or 40 pounds I could put up with the nonsense for a couple of hours. hehe. :ok:

Ancient Observer
11th Jul 2011, 14:40
I've flown with EZY a couple of times, and had them pull a last minute cancellation on me. (07/10 - when they just did not have enough crew. I'm pleased that it cost them 400 Euros.).

When I've flown with them, they have more than met my expectations, and did as good a job as any other CC in Europe, and with a smile.

Maybe you/they had a bad day?

Nicholas49
11th Jul 2011, 15:01
I too am going to rise to the bait. It is entirely unreasonable for you to call easyJet a 'cowboy airline'. They are nothing of the sort. And I say that as someone who a) does not work for easyJet; and (b) once experienced a six-hour delay at their mercy. You do not know what you are talking about.

I have always found easyJet cabin crew to be extremely professional and polite. You got unlucky. It happens, and it happens with all airlines (or indeed any organisation in the service sector).

Punctuality/cancellations is another matter, discussed at length here before.

You need to adjust your expectations as to in-flight service on full-service and low-co airlines. They do not offer - nor do they claim to offer - the same thing.

bingofuel
11th Jul 2011, 15:12
Like all staff, there are good and bad. I have flown easyJet many times, sometimes the crew are superb, but I do recall one Swiss reg easyJet flight where the senior cc had his nose in a book from end of safety brief until seatbelts off, and at no time was he watching the cabin for taxi, take off or climb out.
He was the same on the approach, head back in his novel from cabin secure until on stand.
Hardly professional! but not a routine experience

Nicholas49
11th Jul 2011, 16:29
bingofuel: did you report his conduct to the captain when you arrived at the gate? If not, why not?

TSR2
11th Jul 2011, 20:18
Well go on then, I'll also rise to the bait.

When I first read the post I thought it must be either a wind-up, a gross exaggeration or just the figment of an overactive imagination.

I would let off some steam about this cowboy airline!

Are you seriously calling easyjet a cowboy airline simply because the standard of service failed to match your exacting standards. That is a joke.

I am a frequent flier with KLM

That, based on your age, I doubt very much. Any genuine frequent flyer will tell you that you can have a less than satisfactory experience with any airline and real frequent flyers never assess any airline good or bad on the basis of a few return flights.

what I didn't expect was a crap service with rude cabin crew

Now I wonder what events could have triggered this reaction or are you just a little too sensitive and consequently completely over-reacted.

The flight was going fairly well

So no complaints then with the factors normally associated with a cowboy airline. So what could possibly have triggered the reaction from the cabin crew?

Then I pressed my button again to ask for something else

Ah, now I understand.

Well you did ask for comments.

bingofuel
11th Jul 2011, 20:28
Nicolas 49,
Flight deck door was not opened on leaving aircraft, but did write to easyJet, surprise surprise, never heard another thing!, and being swiss reg there was no point contacting CAA in UK

L'aviateur
11th Jul 2011, 21:01
I've travelled with low cost airlines in Europe, the USA and Asia when the schedule and price has suited me. I fly lo cost when I have time to spare, and am not required for an urgent meeting (or fly the night before). I don't expect anything from the crew except the minimum safety standards, therefore and pleasantly surprised on most occasions when that expection is exceeded.
If i'm on work with a requirement to get to the destination I tend to choose a full service airline who can rebook me when flights are delayed or cancelled without arguments etc etc. Yes I like the business class service, the lie flat seats and the fancy champagne. But as i'm in my late 20's it isn't a major problem if i spend 5 hours of my life on a low cost carrier.
No point getting stressed about it all, and the more you travel the easier and less bothered by it all you become.

fergineer
11th Jul 2011, 22:13
Only flown with Easy a couple of times on both ocasions they were of a high standard on both safety and service. Cabin crew were polite and proffesional.
Some people just seem to attract the bad cabin crew, maybe I am just lucky or maybe I am polite to start with. I find that extending a polite greeting with a smile goes a long way to making flights more pleasant.

easyflyer83
12th Jul 2011, 01:38
I have to say I don't agree with much of the "you get what you pay for" remarks in terms of crew. I don't think anyone should expect (unprovoked) rude service and that comes from an Easyjet crew member. I have no reason to disbelive the posters account as I know there are rude and poor crew members within Easyjet but to take that as being representative of the entire crew workforce at the airline is a bit OTT. I've also worked with pretty rude older crew members at GB Airways and experienced rude and poor crew members as a pax on several airlines. However, in all cases the vast majority of crew are hard working, polite and happy to help.

There will always be bad apples and if you're really unlucky you might even catch a crew member on a off day but generally I find that cabin crew are amongst the best when it comes to customer service. Most crew, whatever they might say, actually love what they do deep down and when it matters the most...it often shows.

A crew's prime concern however is safety and enforcing rules and regs. I know for a fact that on several occasions a passengers perception of me has been poor because I've had to enforce those rules. However, politely i do it the off few just won't like it. Jobsworth comes to mind.

ThreadBaron
12th Jul 2011, 06:46
Sparky

I hadn't eaten in 24 hours due to being so busy

Well, perhaps you were tired, miserable and grumpy and you transferred this to the CC member!

Never have I, maybe luckily, in all my air miles, both lo-co and national, ever had cause to complain about service or attitude, even from CC on their 5th sector of the day and just about out on their feet. Treat them with respect, interact with them as human beings, and you will see the best in them.

lowcostdolly
12th Jul 2011, 07:03
I'm going to bite as well.........as a current SCCM.

bingofuel........reading anything on taxi/take off/approach and landing is a complete no no and contrary to our SOP's in the UK. These are the most critical times of flight where we are supposed to be at our most vigilent. It is something that I always incorporate into my pre flight briefings as well.

As EZY have a very strong safety culture I'm guessing this would apply to our CH company as well.

With respect you could and should have flagged up this issue to the Captain on landing. The flight deck door is usually opened pretty soon as EZY have such tight turnaround targets one of the guys is usually legging it down the front steps with the first of the pax to do the walkround etc.

Even if this wasn't the case you could have asked to see the Captain re this important issue and one that you still obviously feel very strongly about.

I would suggest you write to EZY Switzerland again quoting your previous corrospondence and give them a reasonable time period for a response. If this fails to happen then you can contact FOCA (Federal Office of Civil Aviation) which is what EZY reports to in Switzerland

FOCA - Contact (http://www.bazl.admin.ch/kontakt/index.html?lang=en)

Postal address; Federal Office of Civil Aviation, CH-300-Bern

This course of action (hopefully stopping with EZY) should ensure that this issue is actually dealt with now.

Nicholas49
12th Jul 2011, 07:31
I agree 100% with lowcostdolly. I think the one difficulty here is that if the SCCM is the reason you want to speak to the captain, s/he is also the person best placed to prevent you from doing so because you have to 'get past' him/her in the first place! Otherwise, you're going to have to create quite a scene at the front of the aircraft by shouting into the Flight Deck to get his/her attention.

Several years ago, a SCCM on your 'main competitor' did not allow me to speak to the captain when we arrived at stand. I wanted to report the incredibly unprofessional delivery of the safety briefing (fits of laughter etc.) and she knew it. So I wrote to the airline instead and got a reply within a few days that the issue had been referred to the flight operations department and would be dealt with appropriately. That's all you can do.

lowcostdolly
12th Jul 2011, 07:40
And I'll bite again for the second time......

Sparky, I do not work for a "cowboy" airline. Clearly you had a poor impression of us from your first "fiasco". Yet you came back :confused:

If you feel you genuinely experienced the service you say from an individual crew member then as an SCCM I am sorry.

If I had been the SCCM on your flight I would now be equally sorry that you did not come to me and allow me to address any isssues but instead take it to an SLF forum to "let off steam" and "have a bit of a rant" (your quotes).

And just to give you a bit of insight re the "iceberg theory" we are taught about in training.

Some pax present on boarding/in flight in a manner that at best could be described as tetchy and at worse rude and even possibly disruptive. That is the tip of their "iceberg". With engagement with that pax you can often find out the real underlying hidden issues usually nothing to do with the CC but often due to either their pre flight experience at the airport, travel to the airport etc etc......

And as CC are human we can have our "tip of the iceberg" as well. You may have been the umpteenth tetchy customer that crew member had dealt with that day. The Amsterdam flight from LGW in particular from a CC point of view is demanding because of it's short duration vs some customers expectations. Change is always an issue for us and it is not uncommon to have pax giving over a £20 note for say a £2 purchase. Perhaps if you had asked for the "something else" at the time of the original purchase the crew member would not have had to furrage around for so much change in the the first place......and he might have been on his 4th/5th/6th sector of the day as well.

I'm not excusing the reasons for his apparent behaviour as that is not your problem as a customer whom we value. I'm just trying to give you some insight as to why it might have happened

What I do find in excusable is why you did not flag this up to the SCCM on the day instead of coming in here and labelling all of us as per your OP??

Recordman
12th Jul 2011, 09:41
I have to use EZY about 12 times a year. I have no choice for the route I need. I find them extremely professional and I find that if I address the crew with a smile and a pleasant greeting I receive the same in return.

The matter of cash change can always be a problem, but think ahead and carry coins and small notes if you want to buy anything on board.

Easy's on-board prices seem to be always in GBP or EUR, I can't understand why anyone pays for stuff in Euros as the rate of exchange is approaching GBP1 to EUR1.5!

JWP1938
12th Jul 2011, 11:55
Wife and I, and my son and daughter-in-law (who both live in NI), all regularly use easyJet. Gatwick to Belfast or the reverse and also Gatwick to Murcia and reverse or Belfast to Alicante and reverse. All many times a year. The ONLY regular problem we have is the mad scramble for seats. Use common sense with what you expect, greet CC with a smile and friendly word and it is very unlikely that you will experience any problems different to what you may get with other airlines.

Avitor
12th Jul 2011, 12:04
Hi all I am just new here and thought I would let off some steam about this cowboy airline!

I am a frequent flier with KLM, but due to having to change aircraft at AMS I decided I would do a cheapie and go for an Easyjet flight to Spain (I had flown with them once but I thought that fiasco was a one-off) - what I didn't expect was a crap service with rude cabin crew! The flight was going fairly well until I asked for something to eat and a coffee, and because I didn't have change the crew member wasn't at all pleased! Then I pressed my button again to ask for something else and I got a huge sigh before asking what I wanted....I found the guy extremely bitchy and horrible! Has anyone else experienced the same nonsense aboard the great orange aircraft?

No! My connection with them is as SLF and I find them quite a good airline.

Gibon2
12th Jul 2011, 12:58
I fly pretty regularly on easyJet (hard to avoid in GVA), and I've always been very impressed with the cabin crew. Cheerful, hard-working and admirably efficient at getting everyone sat down, hand luggage stowed, and ready to go. I'm sure there are a few bad apples, and even the best of good apples can have a bad day. But I think the OP's experience is far from the easyJet norm.

Mind you, I never buy anything on board. If the change thing is such a hassle, maybe they should go cashless, like United, and only take credit cards.

ChicoG
12th Jul 2011, 13:14
I've never flown a LoCo until last year, which was JetStar. I found the seats to be comfortable, the service excellent and the crew both sociable and attentive.

As others have said, you probably got a crap cabin crew member, or one having a bad day; every airline has them, and they're generally easy to handle, because if someone is that miserable, the rest of their crew probably aren't too impressed with them either, even if they wouldn't say it.

Recordman
12th Jul 2011, 14:57
The undignified scramble for seats is always a pain, but of course it does get us SLFs on the move and tends to make for on-time departures. I read somewhere that EZY are thinking about introducing paid for pre-assigned seats.

easyflyer83
12th Jul 2011, 18:31
As a Easyjet crew member (again) it is nice to hear compliments specifically about the crew. Even before my old airline was taken over by Easy, I always knew that Easyjet crew had a good reputation. If there is one compliment specifically that comes up time and time again about us that we're not "snooty" and down to earth. I think by and large that is true.

The airline itself is a pretty damn good airline. We're ideally positioned between legacy and Ryanair whilst still being low cost. Carolyn McCall (CEO) is looking to add value to passengers (i.e flexible tickets etc) and they have a pretty impressive network whichever way you look at it.

IMO there are improvements to be made. Allocated seating....it's what many (not all) passengers want so lets give it them. I say this inspite of the fact that actual seating is not a problem unless 95% full and even then it only causes problems on bucket and spade routes. I, and the rest of the crew, can satisfy most peoples seating requests even on the busy flights more so than what check in can but it does bother some pax so allocated seating would be an excellent way to add value, even though the "scrum" is more often than not, exaggerated IMO. Indeed, I should mention that the idea of allocated seating still hasn't been discounted.

In terms of seats, it was mentioned in a couple of articles/e-mails a while back that a trial of new lightweight seats will take place later in the year.

TSR2
12th Jul 2011, 20:18
I have never travelled with easyjet for one simple reason ... you do not operate some form of seat pre-allocation.

I can only speak for myself and family members but we enjoy the airport experience as part of the extended family holiday. WE find that eating and browsing the shops prior to boarding is a good way to relax following the journey to the airport.

Each time we return from holiday we see many many dozens of easyjet passengers camped out on the floor in the departure lounge waiting for the gate to open obviously having been there for some time. That is not the way we would wish to travel.

You may suggest priority boarding as an alternative to pre-allocated seating but I have heard so many stories of how it does not work at airports where you are bussed to the aircraft that we are not even willing to try.

Should easyjet start a system of pre-allocated seating, there is certainly one (extended) family who would consider flying orange.

easyflyer83
12th Jul 2011, 20:32
I have never travelled with easyjet for one simple reason ... you do not operate some form of seat pre-allocation.

I can only speak for myself and family members but we enjoy the airport experience as part of the extended family holiday. WE find that eating and browsing the shops prior to boarding is a good way to relax following the journey to the airport.

Each time we return from holiday we see many many dozens of easyjet passengers camped out on the floor in the departure lounge waiting for the gate to open obviously having been there for some time. That is not the way we would wish to travel.

You may suggest priority boarding as an alternative to pre-allocated seating but I have heard so many stories of how it does not work at airports where you are bussed to the aircraft that we are not even willing to try.

Should easyjet start a system of pre-allocated seating, there is certainly one (extended) family who would consider flying orange.

And if you read my post you'll notice I agree with you. Allocated seating is the way forward.

Speedy Boarding works well at 90% when bussing. Most stations have it down to a T the other 10% could do better but more often than not it works. Remember also that most flights don't require bussing. That doesn't mean to say that I am in favour of the product.

Chuchinchow
13th Jul 2011, 00:43
We're ideally positioned between legacy and Ryanair whilst still being low cost.
:confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

Nicholas49
13th Jul 2011, 09:32
Chuchinchow:

I think that statement perfectly surmises easyJet's position in the market.

Can you help us out by expressing what you think is wrong with it in words rather than emoticons?

Chuchinchow
13th Jul 2011, 11:53
Can you help us out by expressing what you think is wrong with it in words rather than emoticons?

I do not wish to attract a ban; I thought the phrase could be summed up as "pompous rubbish".

Thassorl.

easyflyer83
13th Jul 2011, 12:13
Chuchinchow, surely you can articulate your thoughts and opinions without incurring a ban. Can you not?

My statement does actually sum up Easyjet's position and is quite often backed up (anecdotally maybe) by it's customer's. They are a low cost airline but operate from primary airports, generally on a higher frequency, offer a change to an earlier flight for free, a later flight for a nominal charge, offer a separate flexible fare for those who need it, offer flights through business travel agencies, they don't charge for check in whatsoever. The only extra's that come close to compulsory are the bag charge and the credit card fee's. The latter I don't agree with.

Take all that into account, would you place them as far down the chain as Ryanair? I wouldn't whilst at the same time I wouldn't call them legacy either. That is what I meant by my statement. So thats my rationale. Whats your's?

ExXB
13th Jul 2011, 12:46
I find 'legacy' to be pejorative and does not describe properly all traditional airlines. Legacy implying old and outdated.

All airlines be they low-cost, traditional, major, network, mainline, regional, charter, or discount may have a history or a legacy. SouthWest, considered by some to be the original 'low-cost', has a legacy that dates from 1967. Cryanair dates from 1985 (and a different business model) while one of the Squeezys date from 1988 (TEA Basel).

If you are comparing business models then 'network' is probably a better adjective.

easyflyer83
13th Jul 2011, 13:12
It's all a bit subjective. Full service doesn't always mean full cabin service, some low cost/low fare carriers offer network connections. To be fair we all know what all three terms mean and that's the main thing.

ExXB
13th Jul 2011, 15:02
Which three terms? Regardless "Legacy" is pejorative. Unless you include Squeezy as a legacy carrier (23 years old for TEA Basel). Old and Outdated?!

Chuchinchow
13th Jul 2011, 15:03
Chuchinchow, surely you can articulate your thoughts and opinions without incurring a ban. Can you not?

I can, I have and I did - twice.

Chuchinchow
13th Jul 2011, 15:06
... by it's customer's.

That comes from a person who, on another thread, told us that:I have higher education and I'm cabin crew and work with several other people who hold degrees.

As for geography I too consider myself to be quite knowledgeable but it's a big world out there so becareful because one day you might end up eating your own words.

Apostrophe catastrophe: How a common punctuation howler drives us to distraction | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084646/Apostrophe-catastrophe-How-common-punctuation-howler-drives-distraction.html)

lowcostdolly
13th Jul 2011, 15:11
Well easyflyer and churchinchow...... I originally looked at both your posts and was very :confused: initially.

"Legacy" carrier means different things to different people. Old and out dated...... maybe? Depending on your view and what you know about what the competition are doing. Carolyn knows IMHO.

There are many who would view FR as the lowest denominator in aviation. Some would view them as one of the strongest. That's peception.

I doubt churchinchow would incur a ban for expressing the post through emocions. easyflyer you could have done better by just posting this and let everyone make up their own minds

Value Calculator - Ryanair | Easyjet | British Airways (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/value-calculator/public/en_gb)

We are better than our competition on some things. We could do better in others. Recognising this makes us (and other carriers) competitive, low cost or not.

crewmeal
13th Jul 2011, 16:14
what I didn't expect was a crap service with rude cabin crew!

Sadly this happens not just with airlines but across the customer service industry. You are picking up on a particular flight. Think of the people that have crap service in other industries. The telecoms industry is particularly bad, as demonstrated here in the computer forum. There is a blow by blow account of one poor guy trying to change servers.

A couple of of years ago on a BMI flight to AMM, I witnessed an Arabic family being threatened by a Stewardess to be offloaded, because one of the children wanted to sit in a spare seat as opposed to the mother's arms for take off. As far as I'm aware there is no Arabic translation of the phrase 'offload'. Naturally the family couldn't understand until my partner who is Arabic told them what the problem was.

easyflyer83
13th Jul 2011, 17:19
Well easyflyer and churchinchow...... I originally looked at both your posts and was very http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif initially.

"Legacy" carrier means different things to different people. Old and out dated...... maybe? Depending on your view and what you know about what the competition are doing. Carolyn knows IMHO.

There are many who would view FR as the lowest denominator in aviation. Some would view them as one of the strongest. That's peception.

I doubt churchinchow would incur a ban for expressing the post through emocions. easyflyer you could have done better by just posting this and let everyone make up their own minds

Value Calculator - Ryanair | Easyjet | British Airways (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/value-calculator/public/en_gb)

We are better than our competition on some things. We could do better in others. Recognising this makes us (and other carriers) competitive, low cost or not.

Lowcostdolly, I'm assuming you are an Easyjetter aswell so don't misunderstand me. There are many ways that Easyjet can improve. I'm thinking allocated seating, better galley facilities that will impact positively on inflight service and a whole other host of things.

What I am saying however is that Easyjet, whilst still being a low cost carrier, has not free falled to Ryanair's level (which is very low cost). Again, if you are an employee, you'll know how nice it is to complimented with the "that wasn't anywhere near as bad as we thought" and also how often we get "you're a step above Ryanair". Paraphrased comments obviously but it's one thing I was surprised about when we first came from GB. Obviously, we have our moments. Last years debacle out of SXF and LGW for instance.

Legacy, full service, network carrier. If we are to be pedantic, none of them are that good. Legacy, we have seen from some of your comments that this doesn't always work. Equally, full service isn't a great term when describing short haul SAS or IB. Inflight service in Y is minimal and whilst full service doesn't mean just what you get on board, it can't be full service when it's absent either. Finally, airlines such as B6 (and I think WN) offer connections and so network carrier also has it's ambiguity aswell.

In terms of churchinchow receiving a ban I was referring to this comment he made...

I do not wish to attract a ban;

That comes from a person who, on another thread, told us that:

Grow up churchinchow. I never professed to be spot on with my grammar. People with dyslexia can get degrees so keep it relevant. Cheap shots give you know credibility.

Chuchinchow
13th Jul 2011, 21:06
People with dyslexia can get degrees so keep it relevant. Cheap shots give you know credibility.

I have no issues with your grammar, Easyflyer. It's your haughty and over-weaning attitude towards others that gets my goat. Telling other people to "eat their words" did little to gain you support or sympathy, nor did shouting about your degree.

I been a dyslexic since long before the word was invented and when we were often described as "educationally sub-normal".

Playing for sympathy does not work too well either - especially with another dyslexic. Do what I do and use a spelling checker; it's a standard feature with IE and with Firefox.

Mr Optimistic
13th Jul 2011, 22:41
Really, what is the point ? In 40-odd years of flying I have never had any poor experience sufficient to annoy me for more than a few minutes (I fib: Thomas Cook once kept me on the tarmac for more than 3 hours prior to a LH to Barbados, and me a smoker. Asked to get off in the end). So in 40-odd years of flying I have only had 1 experience sufficient to annoy me for more than a few minutes. (Though thinking about it was that Virgin Atlantic to Tobago where the pre-pubescent CC would rather talk about their party experiences). So in 40-odd years of flying I have 1 or 2 (say an average of 1.5) poor experiences of..............

smala01
13th Jul 2011, 22:55
I am sick to death of EZY running out of sandwiches though!

Rushed to the airport - no time to pick someup at the cafe/shop.

Surley the marginal cost is so small that some wastage is allowed to maximise revenue.

easyflyer83
13th Jul 2011, 23:00
Playing for sympathy does not work too well either - especially with another dyslexic. Do what I do and use a spelling checker; it's a standard feature with IE and with Firefox.

I'm not dyslexic.

nor did shouting about your degree.

I didn't shout about it but I was pointing it out to prove a point that not everyone in travel are drop outs or uneducated to a higher level, something which insinuated when describing travel agents in particular.
As of yet, the degree hasn't got me anywhere and it may never do in terms of career but incidentally it's still one of the best things i've ever done for a multitude of reasons which I won't go into.

Fact is, I was offended by your gross characterture and I've offended you with what I've said. Offence was not intended but the strong words were.
Lets leave it at that.

easyflyer83
13th Jul 2011, 23:09
I am sick to death of EZY running out of sandwiches though!

Rushed to the airport - no time to pick someup at the cafe/shop.

Surley the marginal cost is so small that some wastage is allowed to maximise revenue.

It can be a nightmare but there are models being trialled to try and reduce instances of this happening. It will never irradicate it though. I have done the same flight on two consecutive days many times before where we could have easily sold another 20 sandwhiches and then the next day there has been lots of wastage. It seemed someone at one point in the company were trying to hit the jackpot and get the right amount of fresh options everytime.....something that would always fail of course.

The amount of options has been decreased which is a great idea and has helped the cause. But again, there will always be instances of sell outs especially as, simply put, the flights vary so much from day to day. All it takes is a group of football/stag blokes buying lots and it makes a dent in the stock you have.

Anyway, things are improving so hopefully you will start to notice a difference. Failing that, choose a seat where you will be served earlier or even ask the crew to save one. We could never accommodate if everyone asked that but those who have the foresight to ask are usually rewarded as most of us find it hard to say no.

Happy flying.

Mr Optimistic
13th Jul 2011, 23:15
EZY are fine. You should have tried Braniff for hard-faced crew. Once loaded up with £1pound coins to allow tip for taxies (taxy's ?) in Glasgow (on account of I like the use of my legs). Handed it over on the EZY flight after the usual 'does anyone have change' plea after offering 90p in the pound (I give you £9 in exchange for that £10 note). They even pretended it was funny and that they hadn't heard that before. Did wonder what would happen if you stuck to the bargain and put the money back in your pocket though. That will have to remain a mystery. Other mystery is if policeman are looking younger and younger as I age (nothing like being told off by some 12 year old with a hat that is too big for his head), how is it CC are in fact keeping pace with me. I am sure they all used to be young (not counting Pan Am obviously). All that acceleration and general relativity do you think ?

farci
14th Jul 2011, 14:17
Quote:
... by it's customer's.
That comes from a person who, on another thread, told us that: Quote:
I have higher education and I'm cabin crew and work with several other people who hold degrees.

As for geography I too consider myself to be quite knowledgeable but it's a big world out there so becareful because one day you might end up eating your own words.

Apostrophe catastrophe: How a common punctuation howler drives us to distraction | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084646/Apostrophe-catastrophe-How-common-punctuation-howler-drives-distraction.html)
Ladies! Handbags at dawn?:=

Sparky87
1st Aug 2011, 20:25
To the poster who stated "Due to your age" they doubted I was a FF on KLM, I assure you I used to fly to AMS or ATH at least once a month so my age has nothing to do with anything. The long and short of my post is this; The EZY service was terrible. I will NOT be putting up with some old orange faced man moaning and groaning because I asked him for something. I am a bloody paying customer and if I need something I will ask. And yes I did fly again with Easyjet because KLM do not fly into ALC from GLA! :)

Flightrider
1st Aug 2011, 21:09
Frankly, I couldn't care less about sandwiches on easyJet. I do mind getting nice e-mails from Carolyn McCall saying "look how we've changed" though. From last year's disaster to this year, let's have a look at what's happened:

1/ Flight prices have shot up by an average of £15-20 per sector;

2/ Flight timings have become much less convenient;

3/ Flights still run late, but now only a consistent 30-40 minutes instead of a consistent 2 hours;

4/ Crew on-board standards are heading back down to the lower end of acceptable again, after a brief rally over the winter and early summer;

5/ They've invented a new and really neat trick to piss off passengers even further. You arrive late at LGW, park at North Terminal and then have to be bussed to South as the morons have planned flights arriving at South to be operated by an aircraft next due to depart from North, thus adding at least another 20 minutes to your journey after a jaunty bus tour of the annals of both of Gatwick's terminals.

I've had enough. I, and most of the people I know, have cut right back on the number of easyJet flights. It's not easy any more. Nothing like it.

Skipness One Echo
1st Aug 2011, 21:32
I know they do what you decribe, but why can't they let you off at Gatwick North.....? Is there some compelling reason aside from you sneak up behind people waiting for you at South Terminal arrivals?

easyflyer83
2nd Aug 2011, 01:41
To the poster who stated "Due to your age" they doubted I was a FF on KLM, I assure you I used to fly to AMS or ATH at least once a month so my age has nothing to do with anything. The long and short of my post is this; The EZY service was terrible. I will NOT be putting up with some old orange faced man moaning and groaning because I asked him for something. I am a bloody paying customer and if I need something I will ask. And yes I did fly again with Easyjet because KLM do not fly into ALC from GLA! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Bad apples everywhere mate but you lost all credibility by making personal comments about said crew member.

wowzz
2nd Aug 2011, 13:59
Personally Sparky, I don't think flying once a month makes anyone a 'frequent flyer'. Also, one needs to fly with a cross-section of operators to truly recognise the good, bad and ugly.
Fly weekly, a mixture of l/h and s/h, with various carriers, and your opinion will carry more weight.
Perhaps you should fly FR and let us know how they compare to KLM.

Anagram
11th Aug 2011, 21:36
I stopped flying EZY out of my own pocket (I fly on the government purse a lot) after my flight was two hours late BFS-LGW, then two hours late for the return trip a few days later. No announcements were made - we were expected to surmise that things hadn't gone to plan from the absence of EZY aircraft anywere near the terminal.

When I can I fly with BA or BD - the price is generally similar and the overall experience is better.