PDA

View Full Version : Where to live near Birmingham Airport

MUTTLEY
3rd Mar 2001, 22:35
Looking fro a pleasant areas near to Birmingham Airport (40 minutes) in which to look for accomodation. Outlying town/village or suburb type area considered.
Would appreciate any advice from those based there.

Thanks in advance Muttley

Off Blox
4th Mar 2001, 14:52
I know of a house that is for sale in Coundon, Coventry if of any use to ya http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

ad astra
5th Mar 2001, 04:11
Birmingham airport is right next to the M42 which gives you quite good access to North and South sides of Brum. As an example, North of Birmingham is Sutton Coldfield (about 10 15 mins away) - the posh end of town according to Brummies (ie. we get out of the bath to take a piss). This has a pleasant town centre, and one of the largest parks in England. The Sutton Coldfield Observer has plenty of adverts for houses. About 10 miles further on is Lichfield; a well known cathedral town.
The airport itself is right next to Solihull of course, which is the second poshest part of Birmingham according to Suttonians. There should be plenty of housing there too.
A very brief guide I'm afraid, but I hope it helps.

Evanelpus
5th Mar 2001, 15:37
Off B

My mate lives in Coundon and I'm a Coventry kid, I wonder if he's moving and not telling me

E

FalconJock
5th Mar 2001, 16:56
I live in a village just off J11 M42.

Fairly cheap (relative to Sutton and BHAM) houses. Fantastic quality of live, although very quiet.

Worth a look though. About 30 Minutes from BHX. 20 out of rush hour, 45 in rush hour.

Approx 25 Miles

springbok449
5th Mar 2001, 22:08
If you want to get away from the BHX life go and take a look at Litchfield or that area pretty quiet and a few pubs plus restaurant in the town, some nice villages around there.
Easy commuting distance from the airport too.
Good luck.