PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS Link Treainee Program and OAA @YMMB

Biggles266
8th Jul 2011, 09:42
Have recently stumbled across this......QantasLink Recruitment: Attention (http://qantaslink.bfound.net/detail.aspx?jobId=95231&CoId=189&rq=2)

Just wondering if anyone has any information on this and why Q Link are running this with such minimal qualifications?

And also are OAA any good as a training organisation or are they just another 'pilot factory'?

Fondair
8th Jul 2011, 11:47
Training in the Oxford sim centre is delivered by esteemed gentlemen. It's a little bit different from the rest of the organisation in that regard.

Here we go...
F-AIR

mcgrath50
8th Jul 2011, 12:03
They have massively lowered their requirements. Possibly the rumour a high number of failures is true and they are scraping the bottom of the barrel! Those sort of minimums can be gotten from flight training alone, who needs a Jetstar Cadetship hey?!

Biggles266
8th Jul 2011, 13:55
They have massively lowered their requirements. Possibly the rumour a high number of failures

Are you referring to failures in the Trainee course or failures on the line?

Those sort of minimums can be gotten from flight training alone, who needs a Jetstar Cadetship hey?!

Its certainly cheaper than the J* cadetship haha.

mcgrath50
12th Jul 2011, 00:09
What sort of hours do QLink FOs log, Command, ICUS or Co-Pilot? Will these reduced minimums lead to the same problem that the REX Cadetship has?

Fuel-Off
12th Jul 2011, 00:56
FOs will be able to log ICUS on the sector that they are designated as Pilot Flying. This enables these fresh FOs to get the minimum experience put down by the Company (and of course the regs) to get to the left seat quicker. The Company at the moment is chronically short of Captains, with the seniority list looking like a basket case as more experienced FOs are leap frogging a significant number of inexperienced ones for Command slots.

However some FOs have been caught logging ALL their sectors flown as ICUS even when they aren't Pilot Flying. := Watch this space though regarding the regulatory requirements. We are still yet to see the final fall out from the Senate Inquiry's findings...

Fuel-Off :ok:

15th Jul 2011, 02:10
The other QLink merged thread has been very quite lately - I am wondering if recruitment has slowed, and also whether the traineeship intakes have proceeded to plan (i.e. on schedule and with expected numbers - whatever they are).

I was thinking of applying to this program (as I don't meet multi requirement), but decided to wait and see what VA announce for next year.