PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Dead Sparrers, bit of fun!

charliegolf
8th Jul 2011, 09:34
One of the 'Daves', is a pal of one of my staff. Swansea AirShow this weekend, so he's around. Roger so far?

He's coming in to school at 1 o'clock to see the kids- they're excited.

Any harmless dirt I can get before then (light fun only) would be welcome. Problem is, I don't know which one is coming! Don't worry, schools run themselves these days, so my uselessness won't scar the kids.

At least if I get any stories, I can say, "So are you the Dave who....." etc.
Feel free to PM.

Ta

CG

PS Nil returns are not required.

Opsbeatch
8th Jul 2011, 11:30
Intentionally Blank

charliegolf
8th Jul 2011, 11:42
Ooh, bitch!

CG

Grabbers
8th Jul 2011, 12:49
Referring to the 'GYPO' formation, ask him what the acronym GYPO really means. Preferably in front of a member of the fairer sex (or sheep, seeing as you're across the border).

Not 'Dave' specific but worth an ask.

No need to thank me. :ok:

Feathers McGraw
8th Jul 2011, 13:14
Get Your P????? Out?

charliegolf
8th Jul 2011, 14:40
Just to say that it was Dave Montenegro, and that he was charming and urbane. Until an 8 year old asked what the GYPO formation was.

Seriously, he was great with the kids, and a really good advert for the RAF.

Added somewhat to a normal Friday.

CG

Tankertrashnav
8th Jul 2011, 14:41
Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last, I haven't a bleedin' clue what this thread is about.

Fick, I am :(

Opsbeatch
8th Jul 2011, 14:44
Ooh, bitch!

CG

:ok:
OB

spectre150
9th Jul 2011, 10:20
With you on that TTN - when I first read it I wondered why the Prime/Deputy Prime Minister would be attending the airshow (then I remembered that the Deputy Prime Minister was Nick CLegg not Dave Clegg), then I wondered how a small show like Swansea (no disrespect) had managed to acquire an F-35 then decided, then gave up. I must be fik too...

kiwi grey
11th Jul 2011, 08:00
At least I've got an excuse for being fik, I'm a KoiWoi.

Something tells me that this explanation The Red Arrows fly as two loose formations of five aircraft when transitting between displays. The Team Manager flies the spare. For many years now the front five have been nicknamed "Enid" after the famous five books by Enid Blighton. Six to ten are known as Gypo which comes from the word Gypsy. Perhaps this was due to the appearance of some of the pilots. (at the RAF Aerobatic Team the Red Arrows, history (http://www.sky-flash.com/reds8.htm)) is being rather economical with the truth, which I suspect has almost nothing to do with pilots' appearance [apart from anything else, they're RAF Officers and Sky Gods, so their appearance would at all time be impecable :\]

I smell a rat :E

Clockwork Mouse
11th Jul 2011, 10:23
Gypo used to be Army slang for gravy many decades ago. Significant?

Tankertrashnav
11th Jul 2011, 15:35
Thanks kiwi grey, I think I've got it now.

Just one thing - where does the porpoise come into it :confused:

;)