PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP Test in Saudi

Crianza 1970
8th Jul 2011, 08:11
Can anybody answer this?

Is the FAA ATP test that pilots take in Saudi the same as the test in the states? Or do the Saudi GACA make their own questions in the test paper for the ATP?

Thanks.

B200Drvr
8th Jul 2011, 09:03
There is no FAA ATP test in Saudi, the GACA test is almost a rubber stamp of the FAA ATP, but it does NOT give you a FAA ATP, it gives you a GACA one. It does not allow you to fly in the US, and there is no TSA stuff.

Crianza 1970
8th Jul 2011, 09:28
I was refering to the FAA ATP theory exam of 80 questions. not the flight test or oral.

mutt
8th Jul 2011, 11:56
They use the FAA question bank, so just study the ASA test prep.

Mutt

Crianza 1970
10th Jul 2011, 18:59
Thanks TJF

Anybody else can share their experience about the FAA ATP question bank which the Saudi GACA make pilots take.

Thanks.

Crianza 1970
11th Jul 2011, 16:11
hi guys

sorry for more questions but can somebody let me know if the saudi GACA actually update their questions for written exams from the FAA ATP data base? Or are the ATP written exams in Saudi old and not updated for years.

info would be much appreciated.

faireydelta
3rd Mar 2012, 18:18
Trijet,

I have to write the GACA ATPL soon and I am using Sheppard to study. How long ago did you write the GACA exam and were there any areas where the Sheppard Prep came up short?

Also, do the Saudi's allow electronic Flight Computers during test, or are the manual ones all they allow ?

Regards

justinpalma
25th Apr 2012, 07:24
Having just done the whole process here goes as I really wanted this information prior to going:

A) You take the GACA written ATP test. It is the standard 80 question test used by the FAA. They use old Gliem questions because I took as the exam a Gliem Test Prep set of questions from the study disk program. For sure they are slightly older questions. I have the Gleim book 2010 and ASA disk 2010/2012 and I felt the GACA questions contained considerably older questions.
You are allowed a calculator and I took a CRP5 (E6B) for wind/GS calculations but I seemed to be the only one taking the exam with any form of flight computer.
They use both part 121 and part 135. Bit of a shock for me as I had studied 121 and they gave me 135 as I am on execjets.

B) Straight after the ATP you have to take the AIP exam. They give you two large folders containing the Saudi AIP and then there are 50 questions that effectively you search for the answers. The hardest part of this exam is that the files are so beaten up, the indexes are missing or stuffed in different sections and pages all over the place.

C) Medical. Nothing to mention here. Similar to FAA except I believe the class 1 lasts a year.

D) ELPT. This is a separate department that does the english language proficiency. First half was an oral based on some fifteen preset questions taken from aviation topics and general situations. The second is a headset playout. There is a two page format which outlines a set of scenarios they wish you to play out. They are looking for ICAO language so americanisms like affirmative etc will loose points immediately. They take it quite seriously and expect the same from you. That's it.

tanikagal
9th Dec 2012, 11:31
Thank you mate.
Nice info all these staff

A310Capt
3rd Jun 2013, 04:33
Greetings, Justin. I saw your post regarding the Saudi ATP test, from last year. Because of my previous experience on Airbus A310/A300-600, I received an offer to fly a VIP A310, operated by Al-Atheer in Ryadh. Problem is: my A310 rating expired in my ICAO (Brazilian) License by apr 2010. Would you know about their validation requirements, e.g. do they require the acft rating to be current in the original license, by the time the validation process takes place? I also hold an FAA ATPL, which I would preferably use for validation process, if possible (dealing with ANAC in Brazil is not easy at all).

I currently fly LR60's and GIV's here, but am willing to move out of the country again, preferably back to the Gulf Region (used to be based in MCT, Oman, on my last overseas assignment).

Thanks in Advance for any feedbacks.

Best Regards,

Fabio Otero Goncalves
Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil

alwaysflyinverted
12th Nov 2023, 10:09
Does anyone know how tricky the Saudi GACA Medical is? Is it comparable to the FAA or an Astronaught medical?
Thanks in advance