PDA

View Full Version : OK, who was it?

krypton_john
7th Jul 2011, 09:15
'Fess up!

Elton John lands at wrong wedding | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/5249010/Elton-John-lands-at-wrong-wedding)

Sir Elton John's helicopter reportedly landed at the wrong nuptials when he was attending Lily Allen's wedding.

The music superstar had been invited to see 26-year-old Lily tie the knot with her fiance Sam Cooper, in Gloucestershire, England, last month.

However, Elton and his partner David Furnish were left bemused when they touched down and were greeted by a crowd of strangers dressed in black ties.

After realising they didn't recognise anyone and were at the wrong wedding, they returned to the helicopter and took off again, reports New York Post.

Lily's ceremony was taking place in a Cotswolds church just a few miles away and the couple managed to arrive just in time.

Around 100 guests saw Lily walk down the aisle, while another 200 helped to celebrate the marriage later that day with fireworks, a phone booth filled with beer and a live band.

Elton's representative has dismissed the reports, saying "From what I can find out, this story isn't true."

Sounds like made-up bollocks to me.

helisniper
7th Jul 2011, 10:07
Stranger things have happened!

It always used to be "the Green Slime" that flew Reg around.

;)

misterbonkers
7th Jul 2011, 12:25
lmao! I once landed at the wrong church - at first I though I was early due to the lack of people but then I discovered the 'couple-to-be' had changed venues without telling us! Luckily someone answered the contact mobile number (despite being in the ceremony) we had for them and I knew where the other church was.

On one occasion one of our line pilots couldn't even find the wedding venue (managed to put things right with some flights later in the day from their reception)

On another the brides father went absolutely ballastic because we wouldn't fly in fog (he rang to apologise the next day).

And on one highly bemusing occasion Sir Elton's hairdresser went nuts because we had to divert from Gleneagles at night to Edinburgh Airport due to poor weather (Sir Elton apologised the next day and the hairdresser kept his head down).

Oh the joys of charter work. Now I remember why I prefer utility flying!

Air Harrods have been flying Sir Elton a lot recently. :8

Ian Corrigible
7th Jul 2011, 13:10
Or, as the National Enquirer will shortly report: "Elton sticks chopper in wrong place!"

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Becca1904/Smileys/Other/mysmilie_1247.gif

I/C

Flingingwings
7th Jul 2011, 17:41
Air Harrods have been flying Sir Elton a lot recently

Whilst contractually unable to confirm/deny or comment on whom 'we' transport........
All 'our' aircraft were busy elsewhere on the occasion in question. No idea if the reported incident is true or not either.

Flyting
7th Jul 2011, 18:19
10 points to Ian for that quick comment....... LMAO..... :} :} :}
Sounds like you have a job possibilty there in waiting

ShyTorque
7th Jul 2011, 18:48
"Elton sticks chopper in wrong place!"

And certainly not the first time, allegedly.