PDA

View Full Version : Summer job's @ NCL?

KBaB
30th Jun 2001, 14:56
Hi guys,

I've just finished my A levels and going to uni in October. But: over the summer have no job http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif . Does anyone know of any good, aviation related part time jobs, in the Newcastle area?

Any job would have to be summer season only as im moving away from Newcastle in October.

Thanks guys,

KBaB

crad
2nd Jul 2001, 01:21
Try phoning 0191 2144227 and speak to Carol who is looking for someone to work on ticket desk!

KBaB
2nd Jul 2001, 02:29
excellent!

thanks very much, phone them first thing in the morning.

Do you have any other info about the job?

KBaB

[This message has been edited by KBaB (edited 02 July 2001).]

Speedbird1
2nd Jul 2001, 03:51
hey everyone.

anyone got work for the summer for a very hard working aviation enthusiast?

18 and just finished A levels.

KBaB
2nd Jul 2001, 13:33
Crad,
No one is answering the phone. You got an address that I can send my CV off too?

KBaB

Spoonbill
2nd Jul 2001, 14:02
Get your ass down to the airport, pick up the airport newspaper and get names and telephone numbers from there, or ask for a list of businesses at the airport information desk.
If you can't be bothered to do that, don't bother at all.

------------------
It wasn't me.

KBaB
2nd Jul 2001, 14:36
Thank you for being so bitchy Spoonbill, but as a matter of fact i have all ready done that.

true, the information is helpful but it doesnt tell me who has jobs going.

KBaB

U R NumberOne
3rd Jul 2001, 00:15
KBaB,

Try the airport official website at www.newcastleairport.com (http://www.newcastleairport.com) - in addition to the airport authority themselves, some of the companies at the airport advertise vacancies - although some may just be shopwork - just depends how involved with the planes you would like to be.

Good Luck! :)

KBaB
3rd Jul 2001, 00:46
yeh i did read that part, and did send 'Alpha' my CV. not really too interested in working with "planes" i just need cash (job), and thought at this time of year the airport would be busy and need extra staff.

Ohh well...

KBaB

Brakes to Park
3rd Jul 2001, 00:57
When I was out of work and in possession of a brand new CPL/IR I went to a Job Centre(as it was then) near LBA and there was a temp summer job advertised in there for baggage handler/grasscutter/oddjobman. Brilliant , I thought.

I applied , got an interview and got turned down for the job!!! Affronted or what.