PDA

View Full Version : Age 60 restrictions Non Part 121 worldwide?

Chimbu chuckles
11th Feb 2002, 19:06
Does anyone know of any countries world wide where there is any restrictions on overflights by foriegn registered aircraft under Part 135/Aerial Work/EMES operations, where the Captain has reached his 60th birthday?

I can only find reference to restrictions in Part 121 Ops.

Chuck.

G.Khan
12th Feb 2002, 03:08
Chuck - would be worth checking India, they did have an 'overfly' restriction, (applicable to SIA), but it may not apply to you.

Chimbu chuckles
12th Feb 2002, 05:47
Thanks Khan but we are VH registered EMES not 121. I note that Singapore won't issue a SINGAPOREAN licence of any description over age 60.....not even a PPL.

Chuck.

greybeard
12th Feb 2002, 19:13
Hey Chimbu, not quite true, Learjet Captains in SIA, ATPL holders, can go to 63 under the usual dispensations when you need something and fly all over the world so to speak.. .There are rules and rules and rules as well.

Now there is a job for "retirement"!!!!??.. . :)

Chimbu chuckles
12th Feb 2002, 20:09
Thanks Greybeard,

If you could email me with some details there is another greybeard that will appreciate the help...not me I hasten to add.....my hair is falling out rather than turning grey.

Chuckles :)

FL310
13th Feb 2002, 01:08
hey Chimbu....what will you call my problem than....falling out AND the rest is turning grey..... .India does not issue any license to anyone over the age of 60...as for overflight there...that I really don't know

greybeard
13th Feb 2002, 04:02
Chimbu, You have Mail.

:)