PDA

View Full Version : To: “SR-71” lovers as I am…

George Zachystal
5th Jul 2011, 22:56
Excluding the human factor of total physical management, now when you are in retirement, people which has flown SR-71- looking back, can they say this:
Yes, this old question from back of the sub consciousness? :E
“Is the human spirit which is flying the SR-71 or spirit of such plane, somehow alive, is actually allowing you to take it around!” :ugh:
Do we have actually any such test pilots, which would like to talk about their “whatever” experiences with SR-71's, from years - 1960’s trough 1990’s?:ok:

I think designing of this plane was the greatest human accomplishment considering primitive, non existing manufacturing methods with titanium of late 50’s. :cool:

Kitbag
6th Jul 2011, 06:03
Surely SR 71 was a derivative of an earlier design, therefore can't be considered the greatest human accomplishment?

George Zachystal
6th Jul 2011, 10:09
RE: admiring greatest human achievement SR-71
I just think regarding attempts of speed achievement in flights as well in respect of the mass production, only at given years 1959-61 considering primitive technology. Working those days with titanium practically impossible rolling or bending as well later testing pilots taking it up trough different heights / speeds in times of practically non existing computer controls.
In reconnaissance missions operating at those high speeds and altitudes, worrying about singing tunes of vibrations, talking your self, “it will never happen” this plane - falling apart, while I am in.
Later detecting surface-to-air (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-to-air_missile)launch from Soviets.... oh, lucky it came always late, as one was able to simply accelerate and outrun the missile.
Air force / Military may want toys, that is one thing, but the other thing is to realize dream. :D

Steve Bond
6th Jul 2011, 13:17
A very oddly worded message. While the SR-71 was certainly a spectacular aircraft, it can hardly be called the greatest human achievement!

ColinB
6th Jul 2011, 17:51
Are we back with UFOs in the Bermuda Triangle? Beam me up again Scotty

dakkg651
7th Jul 2011, 07:28
George.

I would lay off that stuff if I was you. :=