PDA

View Full Version : Plane rental Oxford Oxfordshire

iFabio2
5th Jul 2011, 21:29
Hi all,

I will be moving pretty soon from Italy to Oxford for some time. Can you suggest any school, club where they have decent planes and rental prices (considering that I am also time building so will buy a whole block of hours)

Fabio

smarthawke
5th Jul 2011, 21:36
You may want to PM a chap called A & C of this parish, he fits the description....

billiboing
6th Jul 2011, 05:52
You could do worse then either Pilot Flight Training at Hinton- they have Slingsby T61s for £65 per hour wet, Cessna 150 at £99 wet or PA38 and PA28s too. Nice quiet airfield but has loads of parachuting and gliding at weekends, clubhouse has just been refurbished and is really nice. The place is run by Clive Stainer who is an examiner and all time gent. Good solid club.

Enstone (Oxfordshire Sport Flying) also have T61s, PA38 and PA28 for hire as well as a Grob 109- Really nice airfield and great clubhouse and lots of fly outs and wine!.

Tom Eagles owned over 30 aircraft in the area which were rented out but has recently retired and sold his aircraft to Chris Alexander. Might ask him for a block rate.

Hope this helps

iFabio2
7th Jul 2011, 12:33
Thank you all guys :)

fabio

tollett
7th Jul 2011, 15:37
Try Cirrus at Turweston (+44 1280 841111). There is a nearly new Cirrus SR20 for rent. (I have an interest: I'm an instructor working there.)

Fly well,

Bill

A and C
8th Jul 2011, 08:09
I would like to help you but the rules of this forum prevent me from posting any details of what I can offer you.

SDB73
8th Jul 2011, 12:01
A and C,

With respect :

I don't think that's true is it? I don't think you're prevented from advertising your services on this forum (for the purposes of you earning money for services you provide - nothing wrong with that by the way), I think it's probably just that you can't advertise your services free of charge, but instead have to pay for advertising like everyone else, right?

Sorry to butt in, but I used to run an extremely large internet forum, and this point was often raised, which always seem to make the forum owner sound like a money-grabbing greed-merchant, because he wants to earn money out of his service, in the same was as you want to earn money out of yours - and I just think it's important to add balance before the anti-establishment brigade get all wound up! :)

DOMO1977
8th Jul 2011, 15:37
Along similar lines to the original poster I'm after sensible rental of a Taildragger type in the same area, ideally Piper Cub (smaller engines preferred to keep cost down) or Jodel or Condor or Chipmunk or similar any leads?

cheers
Dom

Tupperware Pilot
8th Jul 2011, 16:05
Give Clive a call at Hinton....
PFT: The MotorGlider Club | Pilot flight training and lessons (http://www.motorgliderclub.co.uk/index.html)
He might be able to help.

A and C
9th Jul 2011, 09:16
While I take your point and have in the past paid for advertising space on these forums and can see the view of the owner of the forum in wanting to protect his income.

The question is were do you draw the line, a person who has no finacial conection with my company has pointed me out as one who could offer a service to another forum member so in the past I would under the old managment be able to answer a direct question about my business, the new PPrune management takes a much harder line (as is his right) and says I cant answer even direct questions about my business.

SDB73
9th Jul 2011, 09:49
Hi A and C,

I can completely understand why you feel this is wrong, but try to think of it this way :

By answering direct questions about your business, you are using this service for commercial purposes. This means that this forum is providing you with enquiries which will earn you money.

When running a forum like this, there is a horrible balance to attempt to maintain. For instance, a "clever" way that some business owners attempt to advertise without paying, is to ask other people to post on their behalf, advertising their services.

This becomes very difficult for the forum owner because :

1) If you delete the post, the mentioned business owner may flip out and say "why don't you delete things about Bose, and Skydemon".

2) If you don't delete the post, your paying advertisers may flip out saying "How come I have to pay, and he doesn't"?

So what you end up having to do is use your best judgement to keep as much of the peace as possible. You tend to base this judgement on historical evidence : eg. If someone had attempted on a number of occasions to advertise for free, or if it all seems a bit suspect for some reason.

Really, if you want to gain a commercial benefit out of the use of the forum, the right thing to do is to conduct yourself inline with normal business practice - partner with the service providing you with the commercial benefit, and advertise. Then everyone's happy.

But saying things like "I can't tell you about my services (which you can gleen from this post are just what you're after - therefore allowing you to get in touch with me privately, so I don't have to pay to earn money out of you), because the forum owners are mean", will only cause the forum-owner's judgement of you to be more in the "delete" bracket.

Sadly, this also backfires further as the members tend to view your company as less reputable.

It doesn't mean you're a bad business, or underhand in general, but it just means that the advertising you're attempting to do, is actually more harmful to you in the long run than you might realise.

I hope you don't take offence by any of this, as it's all well-meant.

A and C
10th Jul 2011, 17:43
I do see the point of view of those running the website, it is just a little gauling when a number of people post links to my compeditors websites an but because the person recomending my services has used my web name rather than posting a link to my website the person who requested information can't contact me.

I just find it ironinc that businesses that have never paid for advertising space on this site get a chance at a new contact and yet a business that has in the past paid to use the website is cut so little slack.

Lima Juliet
10th Jul 2011, 18:07
Domo

There are some Condor shares going at Hinton - if interested start with PFT links above.

LJ

mrmum
10th Jul 2011, 19:21
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/453387-ppl-atpl-buying-share-c182-viable.html
No one seemed to mind too much on 13th June, post #5 :E

Dane-Ger
13th Jul 2011, 20:37
I understand A and C's frustration, but as one of his satisfied customers, and with no financial interest in his company, I am therefore able to give an impartial vote for bigredkite.com and the excellent "wannabie" friendly service he provides.