PDA

View Full Version : Change to Military flying Apr 2012

Bishy
5th Jul 2011, 20:46
There are a lot of rumours going around about military pilots getting ATPL (H) to bring us into line with the rest of Europe rather than having the Queens dispensation to fly. Does anyone know any more?

Hueymeister
5th Jul 2011, 21:28
Dream on fella..let's just hope the advent of EASA doesn't screw the pooch for us military bods..I tried to get my German Civil Licence converted..the CAA just said, 'dream on fella!':hmm:

VinRouge
5th Jul 2011, 21:34
Lots of changes to regs April 2012. If you want a rivetting read, I suggest you try out a google search for eu ops basic regulation. Far more in there than there was in JAR Ops ref state exemptions and requiring member states demonstrate meeting reqirements as far as reasonably practicable. Much of this will be down to interpretation, but i cant imagine them issuing atpls to do so. Too expensive and with obvious retention issues. How they will go about it will be interesting. Gashed would be my best guess.

Its not just licensing; all regulation is required to be met as far as reasonably practicable from my understanding, including subpart Q.

Thone1
25th Jul 2011, 18:23
Rest assured, at least all german military aircrew fly on military licenses rather than a CPL / ATPL (H).
You can, however, convert your military to a civilian license reasonably easy, on your own cost of course and depending on your flying hours on multi-engine helos.

Helicopter training in GER is orientated along the JAR requirements of a CPL however and therefor fairly easy to convert.

@Hueymeister: Do you work near Rendsburg? Know Lars B.? Also here in GER?

Thomas