PDA

View Full Version : Career change to Middle East?

Dash_Daddy
4th Jul 2011, 19:02
Hello everyone,

Giving serious consideration to working in the 'sandpit'. Currently working for low-cost in UK:ugh:. Experienced left seater in his forties. Soon to be E195 rated. Where do I start /what should I avoid? Looking either to move or perhaps contract - month on month off??! Be grateful for some assistance and the experiences of other expats - unknown sector of the market for me. Feel free to PM if you wish. With thanks in advance.

Russell Kaymer
5th Jul 2011, 09:38
Oman Air (Muscat), Gulf Air (Bahrain) and Royal jet (Abu Dhabi) all flying Embraers. No 195s though I think, mostly 170s.

Take most things you read about life in the sandpit with a grain of salt (sand?). Many people are quite happy here. Most of what you read in this forum is how unhappy people are working for Emirates and living at DSO. There is far more to the place than that. Best of luck with you research.

1Wingnut
5th Jul 2011, 09:52
Try NAS in Saudi Arabia - I think they have one of the best packages in the region, if you can handle living in Saudi.

Luke SkyToddler
5th Jul 2011, 12:21
Saudi Aramco (private operator) has a fleet of E170's and one of the best total packages in the Gulf. Don't believe they have hired DEC's for a long time but if you don't ask you don't get ...

John21UK
5th Jul 2011, 21:19
Gulf Air are hiring for both seats on the Embraer. (170/190 combi) Excellent to work and live with family. Very much a liberal/western lifestyle/atmosphere.

Craggenmore
6th Jul 2011, 13:41
https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_searchresults.asp?AgentID=8064835&Function=runquery&partnerid=25270&siteid=5396&Codes=AOC-WEBAPP