PDA

View Full Version : Hours to major airlines

B747ERNG
4th Jul 2011, 10:10
Hi,

For those interviewed by the majors within the last year or two, how many hours do you have? Do they offer interviews to pilots who only just meet the min requirement or is the requirement much higher than the min requirement specified on their website?

cheers

Ultralights
4th Jul 2011, 10:20
last interview i had, (phone interview) with a big international, i was told i had too much experience! at just over 1000hrs :rolleyes::ugh:

Xcel
4th Jul 2011, 10:21
If you need to ask... You need more...

rmcdonal
4th Jul 2011, 11:04
I take it that Cathay was the airline in question Ultralights? I've heard that a few times...part of their no direct entry programme I imagine.
Cathay have a Direct Entry SO scheme in place, its a crap deal but it is there.:suspect::rolleyes:

Ultralights
4th Jul 2011, 11:05
yep. actually at the time i wasnt applying for the cadetship, but after the interview i thought i would apply to all i could think of, all said the same thing, far to many hours. we need 50 or less. then you read stories in the paper about airlines complaining there is a lack of skilled candidates...

Howard Hughes
4th Jul 2011, 11:57
I have over 7500 and still no call...:{

Well actually I did get the call, but never rang back!:ok:

Capt Fathom
4th Jul 2011, 12:51
Was that the Jetstar cadetship Howard? :E

Howard Hughes
5th Jul 2011, 07:17
No pre cadetship days, not long after I took my current position. Had committed to a two year stint and am still here 5 years later, coudn't think of anywhere else I would rather be, especially now the pay has improved too!:ok:

Under Dog
5th Jul 2011, 07:38
Howard
I think your on an awesome deal compared to the new operators down south!

Regards
The Dog:ok:

Howard Hughes
5th Jul 2011, 08:45
You'll have to fill me in next time I see you.:ok: