PDA

View Full Version : TG12 PAS rumour

sluf goat
4th Jul 2011, 09:25
E-3D TG12 rumoured to be offered PAS to solve retention issues? :D:D

xenolith
4th Jul 2011, 09:33
E-3D TG12 rumoured to be offered PAS to solve retention issues?

Surely not a rumour, more of a joke.

sluf goat
4th Jul 2011, 10:22
Why not, they are cheaper than real aircrew and there must be spare PAS slots available with the demise of the kipper fleet. :ok:

Jabba_TG12
4th Jul 2011, 10:51
PAS? :confused:

Must be one of those post-cold war buzzwords that came along after NMS, like "Battlespace Management" (:yuk:) .... :E

minigundiplomat
4th Jul 2011, 11:08
Nothing against TG12 per se, but I would guess the retention problem will only be with us as long as the Libya campaign in ongoing. As PAS is a long term (15 yrs) solution, I can't see it happening.

Added to which PAS involves making SP pensionable. I'm not sure if TG12 are in receipt of SP [Would be interested to know] and thus there would be no net benefit if not.

xenolith
4th Jul 2011, 11:17
Sluf,
The clue is in the middle word of the PAS TLA. A timely and well proportioned FRI would be appropriate. Best of luck though.

Jabba_TG12
4th Jul 2011, 11:33
Xenolith:

Thanks, clear as mud.:}

xenolith
4th Jul 2011, 12:28
Check your PMs

Jabba_TG12
4th Jul 2011, 12:40
Thanks to Xenolith and Rossian for demystifying that TLA.... I see now why I'd never heard of it!:ok:

Now I know what it is, I'm inclined to agree with MGD; cant really see what it gives to either side beyond a bit of "we care about you, really..." window dressing and as a temporary sop.

Given the state of UK AD though and the trade in general, it doesnt really surprise me. A trade who'se best days are regrettably long behind it, but at least its still there and hasnt been outsourced to BAe Systems/SERCo.... yet! :rolleyes: