PDA

View Full Version : The Old Grey Ladies of Lossiemouth

allyn
4th Jul 2011, 08:15
Here's a good documentary of the last days of the Shackleton that I found on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0E-RH31NQ&list=SL&feature=sh_e_sl

Richard Woods
4th Jul 2011, 09:34
Lovely stuff. There's a lot of Shackleton footage cropping up on youtube lately.

Regards,

Rich

bean
4th Jul 2011, 10:31
You Tube says it'snot available in my country. I live in Jersey. Shame

oldpax
4th Jul 2011, 12:55
Cannot get in Thailand either!!!

allyn
5th Jul 2011, 09:17
Hi!

Here are some possible solutions if you're outside the UK:

YouTube Video Not Available in Your Country? Watch Blocked Videos (http://www.labnol.org/internet/video/youtube-blocked-video-not-available-in-your-country/2680/)

I haven't actually tried any of those methods but in general, it should be possible to get around the restriction with a moderate amount of fiddling.

Good luck!

cyflyer
5th Jul 2011, 11:41
Thats a load of crap. How can the uploader allow people to watch in the uk, but not in the Channel Islands ?
I have that documentary on dvd, along with a couple of others, and was aired originally on uk tv many moons ago. If I can figure out how to upload it for everyone to watch, I'll gladly do it and let you know. Watch this space 'bean'. Loved Jersey, lived there many moons ago.

chiglet
6th Jul 2011, 23:04
I live in Dukinfield, near Manchester [someone has to] and it's blocked to me too,:confused:

ZOOKER
6th Jul 2011, 23:53
And on Mt. Belzoni.

qfcabin
7th Jul 2011, 01:04
Blocked in Aussie as well.

allyn
7th Jul 2011, 18:16
Has anyone tried the suggestions in the link I posted?

Additional info:

Ah! Just tried it and they've blocked the embedded link. All that means is that you have to go to Youtube directly to watch the video. So for the person near Manchester, you should be able to view it directly on Youtube.

For folks outside of the UK, try the suggestions in that link.

PowerDragTrim
7th Jul 2011, 19:53
Tried both - neither work for France. You can see bloody Harry Potter though!

What a shame!

mustpost
9th Jul 2011, 12:54
Sorry folks, not a youtube problem, it'll be a stipulation of the STV player channel. Originally made for ITV network, copyright clearance would still not allow unfettered access outside the UK. Remember the programme well. :8

benyak18T
10th Oct 2021, 03:38
HI, this may be a long shot, but can you help me find this documentary? it disappeared some years ago and i can't find it anywhere. thanks