PDA

View Full Version : IFR tolerances?

fly4fud
29th Jun 2001, 21:08
Where can I find the IFR tolerances for minimums, headings, heights and such, as required for exams or checks? Checked our company route manual, but could find it, any clue?

------------------
... cut my wings and I'll die ...

SLT
29th Jun 2001, 21:23
They certainly always used to be in CAP 54 - Requirements for Professional Licences and Ratings - I assume you mean the tolerances to which you will be required to fly?? AIC's and the AIP may also be good places to look..... That said - I'm sure someone else has better info. + or - 5 degrees and 100 feet seem to ring a bell......

Hope this helps

Manflex55
29th Jun 2001, 22:47
Fly4fud,

Have U checked the CAA IR standards doc ?
U can download it here :
www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_01v3final.pdf (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_01v3final.pdf)

MF

Captain Airclues
30th Jun 2001, 00:22
The information is contained in Standards Document 24, Version 3. They are;

Altitude or Height

Normal Flight +/- 100ft
With simulated engine failure +/- 100ft
Starting go-around at DA/Ht +50ft/-0ft
Minimum Decent Alt/Ht +50ft/-0ft

The candidate need not be failed if an error of more than 100ft occurs 2/3 times. However, the examiner should consider awarding a fail if a height error of more than 200ft occurs or an error of 100ft or more is uncorrected for an unreasonable time.

Tracking

All except precision approach +/-5 deg
Precision Approach Half scale deflection azimuth and g/s

Correcting track the wrong way, and maintaining the error for an unreasonable period.

Heading

All engines operating +/-5 deg
With simulated engine failure +/-10 deg

Speed

All engines +/-5kts
Asymetric +10/-5kts and never below V2
(All engines/Asymetric limit on jet aircraft is 10kts and an airspeed error of 15kts at any time).

Failure to check RVR against airfield minima prior to commencing approach.

The candidate must;

Operate the aircraft within its limitations.
Complete all manoeuvres with smoothness and accuracy.
Exercise good judgement and airmanship
Apply aeronautical knowledge and procedures and regulations as currently applicable.
Manage the crew.
Maintain control of the aeroplane at all times in a manner that the successful outcome of a procedure is never in doubt.
Maintain a general survey of the operation.
Understand and apply crew co-ordination and incapacitation procedures
Communicate effectively with other crew members.
Demonstrate knowledge of emergency equipment and procedures sufficient to ensure the safety of passengers.
Set priorities and make decisions in accordance with safety aspects and relevant rules and regulations.

Airclues