PDA

View Full Version : Malaga

MKY661
1st Jul 2011, 22:01
Couldn't find a Malaga thread anywhere so decided to make one.

Airmel were supposed to start operations from AGP - MLN today but this did not happen. Anyone know why.

MKY661
4th Jul 2011, 23:28
Hi Guys. Do any of you know if T2 is being refurbished? I hope it doesnt because I Like it as it is.

Also do any of you know what has actually happened to the area with all the pictures of the places and fish (you know that long walk that you used to do when you arrived), because last time i went it was 'blocked' off.

If you don't get where i am talking about then here is a pic (sorry for low quality)

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6071/fishzm.jpg

tubby linton
4th Jul 2011, 23:33
When is the new runway opening?

MKY661
4th Jul 2011, 23:40
i think it's next year and apparently when it opens, if the planes are coming in over the sea then they will land runway 31 and take off runway 30, and if the planes are coming in over the mountains then they will land runway 12 and take off runway 13. Still need to confirm that though.

tubby linton
4th Jul 2011, 23:59
I hope that the controllers at AGP up their game when they are operating two runways as their vectoring is not brilliant with one!

MKY661
5th Jul 2011, 00:09
Yeah should be good. There is a new fire station opening as well apparently. I hope the old one stays though. When I was little I used to call it the ice cream shop because there is a red & white striped pole on it which makes me think of ice cream shops.

paully
5th Jul 2011, 08:19
MKY661

Sorry I cant give any updates on the Malaga Terminals, as I tend to use Gib now, but thanks for the memories, I certainly do remember the long walk, the only good thing was it got the cirulation going after your flight..it went on forever didnt it....happy days though eh :D

MKY661
5th Jul 2011, 09:08
Well back a few years ago I did want to go down it but it never happened. We used to go down it all the time back when we flew with GB, Air 2000 etc but when we started flying ZB in 2008, we were bussed, then we went down another walk Id never gone down before (Its in Pier B whilst the one I wanted to go down was in Pier C) and then we were bussed again. We finally went down it in July 2009 and I was happy, then we went down it again in October 2009 and April 2010, but April was the last time I went down it because we also fly to GIB now as well. I still love the airport though.

IB4138
5th Jul 2011, 10:17
The ground floor (arrivals) in T2 has now been refurbished and more baggage carousels installed where the old arrivals doors, hall and "Golf" bar were. You then exit via T3 arrivals. It is totally seamless, no joins are visible! There is now a long run of baggage carousels for T2/3 with two secure carousels, in the middle of the long run, controlled by the Guardia Civil, for non-EU flight arrivals.

Work was ongoing when I passed through two weeks ago, on the disused air-bridge on Pier C, ( Gate32?) which has been that way since the construction of T3 commenced. Could not tell if it was being brought back into use or removed though.

The old shopping eating area, top floor airside of T2, is still closed off, but some work does appear to be taking place up there.

The second runway is due to open at the start of 2012.

It is not planned to close the existing fire station when the new one adjacent to the new runway opens., so each runway will have a fire station.

The airport is now called Malaga/Costa del Sol Airport by Aena.

MKY661
5th Jul 2011, 12:27
The T2 baggage hall has been refurbished? Wow can't wait to see it. Is it the same wth the rent a car area in T2?

The gate you are talking about is C31 (C32 is the bus gate next to C33) I don't know why but they keep closing it and opening it, but this gate along with C34 is rarely used. Maybe the airbridge is being done up because all gates in Pier B and Gates C34, C36 & C38 in Pier C have this design:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/C38airbridge.JPG

However Gates C31, C33, C35 & C37 have a different design. i don't have a pic of this one but the floor is red and the ceeling has orange & blue lights which is held by thin pieces of metal.

Oh yeah another area at the airport which I have not heard about in a long time is the lower levels of Pier B (Gates B24 - B38). Wonder whats going on in that area.

MKY661
27th Jul 2011, 18:03
sorry its a bit late but EasyJet are to start southend as a new destination.

MKY661
19th Oct 2011, 22:08
Anyone have date for completion of new runway and apron definately in early 2012 thats all i know.

Ernest Lanc's
20th Oct 2011, 12:31
The old shopping eating area, top floor airside of T2, is still closed off, but some work does appear to be taking place up there.
I would not miss this place if it never opened again..it must be thee most expensive eating area in Europe....I remember 3 years or so ago a chap taking his fish and chips back to the supermarket style checkout as he had be charged E20...I always used the reasonable Burger King, the only problem there was the mile long queue.

I have not been to the Costa Del Sol for couple of years but be going soon, and if that long long walk has gone - I for one will be grateful.

compton3bravo
20th Oct 2011, 13:59
Firstly the second runway is built but not yet operational - early next year me thinks all the technical things have been sorted out. The infrastructure is all in place.
Secondly Ernest - sorry you will still need your walking boots on if your airline uses T2 (almost certain) as you have to check-in at T2 then walk to T3 for security and then walk back airside to T2! Be careful all the large shops and outlets are just after you have gone through T3 so if you want a paper, water, etc get them there - but there are still the small outlets on the piers - but it is still a fair walk!
If you are being picked up or dropped off this is still outside T2 as is the main car park - you have been warned!
Finally I have found the prices not too bad at Malaga - but I do live here be careful what you buy!

MKY661
20th Oct 2011, 15:35
if your airline uses T2 (almost certain) as you have to check-in at T2 then walk to T3 for security and then walk back airside to T2!

It has changed slightly now. Only EasyJet, Ryanair and Jet2 use T2 now for UK airlines everyone else has gone to T3 but still use Piers B & C.

MKY661
13th Nov 2011, 15:24
New runway to open March 2012: (Picture of it in link)
Malaga Airport will have its second runway for March 2012 | Malaga Airport News (http://www.airmalaga.com/blog/malaga-airport-will-have-its-second-runway-for-march-2012/)

Also found this:
The T2 at Malaga airport will reform to modernize | Malaga Airport News (http://www.airmalaga.com/blog/the-t2-at-malaga-airport-will-reform-to-modernize/)
But i havent seen anything being done to it.

MKY661
16th Feb 2012, 19:10
I have heard that the new runway will open on 1 March. One will be used for takeoffs other for landings, depending on wind:

Landing: RWY 31 & 12
Takeoff: RWY 13 & 30

MKY661
23rd Mar 2012, 23:16
2nd Runway operational from 3rd May 2012 :) :ok:

IB4138
1st Apr 2012, 07:47
Something of an antique/relic has appeared in T2 check-in hall.....

.....a Fly Globespan hand baggage sizing rack.

johnnychips
1st Apr 2012, 10:26
We know what the date is, and it's before 1200 in England. Good try.

IB4138
1st Apr 2012, 11:11
I joke not!

It can be found against a pillar, between the Ryanair and easyJet check-in desks.

Dunedin49
1st Apr 2012, 13:33
Yep, its certainly no joke. I spotted it myself a few weeks ago.

MKY661
18th May 2012, 20:21
New runway is open guys ;):)
The first commercial aircrafts landing on the second runway at Malaga airport | Malaga Airport News (http://www.airmalaga.com/blog/the-first-commercial-aircrafts-landing-on-the-second-runway-at-malaga-airport/)

Fairdealfrank
18th May 2012, 20:42
New runway is open

Just checked out the link, is there any particular reason that the two runways aren't parallel?

mikkie4
18th May 2012, 20:55
delta airlines to fly 4x weekly to malaga from JFK prices from $350.00,what a daft idea,cant see it working,if loads are good possible 6x week!!!!

airhumberside
18th May 2012, 21:58
It can't be that daft since it's been around since 2008 and Delta are pretty ruthless with underperforming routes

IB4138
19th May 2012, 08:43
Yes, it's one of Delta's summer routes. There are plenty of US citizens who come to the Costa del Sol for their vacations.

Flying Wild
19th May 2012, 10:13
New runway is open

Just checked out the link, is there any particular reason that the two runways aren't parallel?

Terrain avoidance

Fairdealfrank
20th May 2012, 01:47
Quote: "Terrain avoidance"

Thanks, Flying Wild, Makes sense now!

MKY661
11th Jan 2014, 21:29
Well it seems that they want to build an Airport City here too:
Global Airport Cities 2013 - Revealed: Malaga?s 3.8 million sq m aerotropolis (http://www.globalairportcities.com/page.cfm/Action=library/libID=1/listID=11/libEntryID=1210)

Seljuk22
12th Jan 2014, 08:03
AGP finished the last year with 12,922,403 passengers, a slight increase by 2.7%, compared to all other Spanish airports (-3.5%).

MKY661
12th Jan 2014, 11:01
AGP finished the last year with 12,922,403 passengers, a slight increase by 2.7%, compared to all other Spanish airports (-3.5%).

Those are provisional stats apparently :) I believe the actual ones get published in May :) The provisional ones are quite accurate though and it's usually only a small difference :)

MKY661
11th Feb 2014, 16:31
Flew from Malaga yesterday. Refurbishment of the old terminal seems to be getting under way quite well :) Baggage Hall is done and Parts of the Pier C Departures have been done as well (The ceiling has been Painted white). I took some pictures, so I'll happily post them and share them with you all if you wish :)

Oh and for any of you Burger King lovers, it's moved upstairs now :)

paully
12th Feb 2014, 15:05
Please do, I`m flying there in May so would be pleased to see the photos..thanks

EssexMan61
13th Feb 2014, 13:41
I flew from Malaga to Southend on Monday last. T3 is still very much a work-in-progress - at least half of the shops are still under construction - but a VERY big Burger King (that sells beer with your Whopper meal!!!) and some excellent views from the D Gate areas. Big new duty-free with some VERY knowledgeable staff - I was given a potted history of Andalucian Wine and Cheese as I browsed.

Security on departure was a breeze although the entire departure area was very quiet on a Monday afternoon / evening. T2 is as it has always been - but looking a bit tatty now - and T1 is blocked off behind hoardings. Train to Fuengirola remains mega-cheap.

And just to wind "Phileas Fogg" up a little in his villa - or his bedsit in Peckham or whatever it is - the flight back was pretty full. Now - pay attention PF - that means that there were SOME empty seats (maybe 10 in total??). Is that clear enough for you - the flight was pretty full but there were SOME empty seats. I would not want you to kick your toys out of the pram again.

In conclusion - Malaga Airport is looking good - but give it time for all the new retail areas to be completed.

MKY661
13th Feb 2014, 13:43
I flew from Malaga to Southend on Monday last. T3 is still very much a work-in-progress - at least half of the shops are still under construction - but a VERY big Burger King (that sells beer with your Whopper meal!!!) and some excellent views from the D Gate areas. Big new duty-free with some VERY knowledgeable staff - I was given a potted history of Andalucian Wine and Cheese as I browsed.

Security on departure was a breeze although the entire departure area was very quiet on a Monday afternoon / evening. T2 is as it has always been - but looking a bit tatty now - and T1 is blocked off behind hoardings. Train to Fuengirola remains mega-cheap.

And just to wind "Phileas Fogg" up a little in his villa - or his bedsit in Peckham or whatever it is - the flight back was pretty full. Now - pay attention PF - that means that there were SOME empty seats (maybe 10 in total??). Is that clear enough for you - the flight was pretty full but there were SOME empty seats. I would not want you to kick your toys out of the pram again.

In conclusion - Malaga Airport is looking good - but give it time for all the new retail areas to be completed.

Was this Monday 10th? If it was, was your flight around 9pm and did it leave from Gate C39? If it was I was on the Liverpool flight :)

EssexMan61
13th Feb 2014, 13:47
Yes - I think we were actually C36???? (certainly in the C30s block).. We were called to the gate REALLY early!! Scheduled to depart for Southend at 2055hrs. but still had plenty of time for a few pints of Strongbow at 6.50 Euros from the Sportsbar!!

MKY661
13th Feb 2014, 13:53
Yes - I think we were C36. We were called to the gate REALLY early!! Scheduled to depart for Southend at 2055hrs. but still had plenty of time for a few pints of Strongbow at 6.50 Euros from the Sportsbar!!

We were also called to the Gate really early. By the time we made it to C40 we were boarding, but the fact was we waited in the Ramp section just before the Airbridge for ages. We usually fly Monarch and with them we just sail through this bit. Weird. I saw this happen when we arrived at Gate B13 on the way out, loads of passengers on the ramp just waiting to get on.

Oh and if it was the Gate right at the End of Pier C on the right, that's C37/C39 (It's basically the same gate). I'm sure a Ryanair to Stansted was at C36. I remeber actually because I think someone hadn't turned up for the Southend Flight and there were a few calls for someone to go straight there haha :)

EssexMan61
13th Feb 2014, 14:06
MKY661 -

You are probably right - and we also had a long wait on the airbridge. I think the flight was initially shown as "Boarding" about 50 minutes before the STD.

As an aside - I was surprised at just how quiet the airport at Malaga was - but I suppose a Monday evening in mid-February is hardly peak time for a Costas Airport. Very impressed with the nice airy seating area in the D Gate Departure Zone though.

MKY661
13th Feb 2014, 14:42
Okay Everyone hare are some pictures in arrivals :)

The B Gate Alleyway:
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/MKY661/Malaga%20Airport%20February%202014/IMGP8832.jpg
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/MKY661/Malaga%20Airport%20February%202014/IMGP8834.jpg

Part Of The C Gate alleyway is now Closed :( Not sure what's it's used for now, apparently Transfers :( Please Do Something with Those Fish Pictures and Pictures of Places On The Wall :(:
http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/MKY661/media/Malaga%20Airport%20February%202014/IMGP8835.jpg.html

Baggage Hall. Terminal 2 Section has had Walls Replaced and Ceiling Painted As You Can see In The Background. It Doesn't Look Like It Has, But It Has:
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/MKY661/Malaga%20Airport%20February%202014/IMGP8850.jpg

Rent-A-Car Section. Also Been Refurbished:
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/MKY661/Malaga%20Airport%20February%202014/IMGP8854.jpg

I will Upload Departures stuff shortly :)

IB4138
13th Feb 2014, 14:50
EssexMan61

Burger King (that sells beer with your Whopper meal!

This is not the big/mega (meal) deal that you make out. :rolleyes:
All Burger King and MacDonalds restaurants in Spain sell beer.

EssexMan61
13th Feb 2014, 15:12
My apologies - this was the first time I have used a Burger King in Spain. I made use of the beer option with my "Whopper Menu Grande" at the airport - very nice but not cheap at over 11 Euros!!!

Thank you for the clarification. I have only ever come across beer in McDonalds in Germany before so was interested to hear this.

paully
13th Feb 2014, 15:26
If you are ever fortunate enough to be in Gibraltar, the large Morrisons store has a cafe with a bar in the middle of it :D.....Full English and a pint!!

supermarine
13th Feb 2014, 16:36
No picture of the queues at the Gold Car rental stand, that place is amazing.

Save twenty quid on car hire, lose 4 hours holiday.:*

MKY661
13th Feb 2014, 16:40
Yeah That One is always crowded :) They were good though :) We Used to use AurigaCrown as well, They were also good, but they are gone now I think :)

davidjohnson6
13th Feb 2014, 16:43
MKY - I think you might need to get out a bit more... :)

IB4138
13th Feb 2014, 17:18
So, what's new?

It's no big deal.

Oh BTW: We Used to use AurigaCrown

They went bust, big time, some time ago.

paully
13th Feb 2014, 18:38
MYK many thanks for your trouble..the pictures are appreciated..Big thanks for your efforts :D

Re Auriga Crown, they are in business only as a car hire broker now but there rental business was taken over by Malagacar who are in the same premises opp the San Miguel factory

MKY661
9th Dec 2015, 09:04
New routes confirmed for Su16:

EasyJet - Amsterdam (from 6th May)
Flybe - Doncaster (from 27th March), Norwich (from 28th March)
Monarch - Leeds/Bradford (from 4th May)
Ryanair - Newcastle (from 2nd April)
S7 - Moscow Domodedovo (from 30th April)

Seljuk22
9th Dec 2015, 16:56
Rumours about Emirates looking for a 3rd destination in Spain. Malaga could be an option?

EI-BUD
9th Dec 2015, 17:14
What about Valencia?
Turkish Airlines fly there already ... perhaps this might be more up their street?

FR8364
9th Dec 2015, 17:28
Add Budapest with RYANAIR and Toulouse with VOLOTEA.

8 new routes confirmed so far.

AerRyan
9th Dec 2015, 17:29
How did the delta route preform?

FR8364
9th Dec 2015, 19:01
The route is well performing and as a consequence –inc. institutional support– it will upgrade from B757 to B767 as from next Summer :)

Turkish Airlines also bringing A330 on peak season. Lot of connecting passengers from Iran, Libano, Qatar and UAE traveling for leisure to Marbella. Some of them own some luxury villas there.

Qatar Airways also interested in Malaga in the medium term. They are investing over the area... building and buying hotels & resorts.

MKY661
21st Dec 2015, 10:06
Seen on some pictures that a lot of the Airbridges on Piers B and C have been or are being replaced. According to Pictures B18, C31, C35 and C37 are done.

MKY661
24th Feb 2016, 16:39
Airport has had it's busiest year ever in 2015, just under 14.5 million passengers.

AerRyan
24th Feb 2016, 17:36
Will definitely be up this year too! With tourism to Turkey down 40% and tourism to Egypt and Tunisia completely gone, Spanish bookings will be well up this year.

2nd runway becoming justified?

LandingConfig
24th Feb 2016, 19:15
Glasgow Intl 4x weekly starting 30th October 2016.

MKY661
24th Feb 2016, 21:27
To add to that it's Ryanair operating the route :)

LandingConfig
25th Feb 2016, 09:46
Yes, sorry :zzz:

MKY661
25th Feb 2016, 10:16
No probs, just thought I'd clear it up :)

MKY661
17th Mar 2016, 16:12
Norwegian just announced a new flight to MAN from 2nd June. Flights now bookable.

Habana2118
21st Mar 2016, 10:19
Do Vueling have a base in AGP? If so how many a/c and routes do they operate?

MKY661
21st Mar 2016, 10:36
Yes they do. Not sure exactly how may AC are based there but it's usually about 3/4

MKY661
2nd Apr 2016, 08:43
Thomas Cook Airlines are to return to Malaga resuming flights to Manchester. will run twice weekly route on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Not sure when the start date is :)

Seljuk22
12th Apr 2016, 17:32
Does anyone have some figures about expected aircraft movements, expected passenger figures, heritage of passengers by country, based aircrafts etc. for this (record breaking) summer season?

NewquayJacob
12th Apr 2016, 17:42
Re the above the question - there was an article on a record breaking year at AGP in last weeks local paper (SUR in ENGLISH) in Malaga...can't quite remember the figures off the top of my head but these may well be available on their website...

Having passed through AGP on Sunday does anyone know why the flights numbers are displayed with their ICAO designators rather IATA e.g. RYR instead of FR and BAW instead of BA?

NewquayJacob
12th Apr 2016, 17:44
The Aena airports authority says that nearly 13.5 million seats are being made available by the airlines which use Malaga this summer, which is 14.6 per cent more than last year. That is an increase of 1.5 million seats, at the same time of year.
That is impressive enough, but it is even more so when you take into account the fact that airline places for this summer season are similar to the number of passengers who used the airport throughout the whole of 2015, and that proved to be its best year ever with a record 13.7 million passengers.
Another figure which demonstrates the attraction of Malaga province for tourists is that the 51 companies who operate at the airport (eight more than last year) are expecting to run nearly 80,000 flights. There will be 13,483,020 seats on the 220 routes which connect Malaga with the rest of the world.
During the peak season last year, there were nearly 70,000 flights to and from this main airport for the Costa del Sol. This year the summer season is being extended until 29th October, with an extra 10,000 flights, which is an increase of around 13 per cent.
There has been considerable growth in business at Malaga airport in recent years. In peak season last year there were 2.1 per cent more airline seats available, and an extra 15 per cent are scheduled for this summer.
Even in the winter, there were 8.5 per cent more flights operating from Malaga and 10.5 per cent more seats than in the previous winter. Nearly five million passengers travelled on 30,100 flights from the end of October 2015 until last Sunday.
It has also just been revealed that the number of foreign travellers to Andalucía in the first two months of the year has exceeded one million for the first time ever. Despite January and February traditionally being the lowest months in terms of tourism, a total of 1,007,345 visitors came to the region from abroad during those months this year, which was an increase of 17.4 per cent.
More flights and new routes
This summer, Malaga airport will have direct flights to 123 destinations around the world, three more than last year.
In terms of passengers, the UK still tops the list as the strongest market for Malaga, with 16.3 per cent more seats (over 4,400,000) and 14.1 per cent more flights. Next comes the Spanish market, with more than 1,770,000 seats and 12,800 operations, an increase of 5.5 per cent. However, the biggest increase is in the German market, which saw a slight setback last summer but is now running 12.1 per cent more flights and a total of around 1.1 million seats.
If there are no last-minute changes, the airlines are planning to run 6,200 flights between Malaga and Germany, which is 12.5 per cent more than last year.
There are also some new routes, including one to Kuwait, which will have at least 30 departures although neither Aena nor the airline have been able to give precise figures.
However, what is really noticeable is that there are improved connections with the United Kingdom, specifically to Birmingham, Norwich, Glasgow and Newcastle, more flights to Copenhagen, Moscow and Berlin, and new ones to Dresden and Erfurt. More flights have been planned to Marseilles and Deauville in France , to Stockholm, in Sweden, and to Eastern European cities, such as Bratislava in Slovakia and the Polish capital, Warsaw.
Due to increased demand from the Moroccan market, there are extra flights to Tangiers, and due to their popularity there will also be more connections with Gran Canaria and Tenerife.
The strong growth at Malaga airport from now until October is the best sign that the Costa del Sol can expect a great summer, and may be yet another record year for tourism.

Heathrow Harry
13th Apr 2016, 14:17
people who would have gone to Turkey, Tunisia or Egypt I'd guess

Seljuk22
16th Dec 2016, 17:40
KLM will return to AGP next summer, in high season with daily flights
Norwegian launch new flights to DUS and HAJ
easyJet launch flights to TLS
Ryanair will add ABZ, AMS & FRA
Volotea with new routes to PMO & VCE
jet2 new route to STN

VickersVicount
21st Jun 2017, 20:29
SAS new European base..... wait for it.... AGP. Mmm. Will see what comes of that.

MKY661
21st Jun 2017, 21:33
This is also planned for every Thursday & Friday until further notice:
Planned Malaga airport security strike - Monarch Blog (http://blog.monarch.co.uk/planned-malaga-airport-security-strike/)

Seljuk22
13th Jul 2017, 17:16
Reports say SAS Ireland will base 4 A320neo at AGP. No new destinations were mentioned so it will be a simple transfer of routes now operating out of AGP.
SAS Ireland startet in London-Heathrow und Malaga (http://www.aero.de/news-27044/SAS-Ireland-startet-in-London-Heathrow-und-Malaga2.html)

Nil further
14th Jul 2017, 10:15
Anyone sitting in the back should be aware that this is easily one of the most dangerous airports in Europe .

The Air Traffic Comtrol system is broken ,both the people and the technology. Way way behind international standards and unwilling to listen to any form of candid , constructive critique.

Scary place and I've been in a few

Seljuk22
17th Aug 2017, 16:43
SAS will launch a weekly flight to Helsinki staring November.
airBaltic will launch 2 weekly flights to Riga next summer with CS300.

MKY661
27th Sep 2017, 15:22
Wizz Air to start 2 weekly AGP-SOF from 27 March 2018

MKY661
13th Jan 2018, 22:27
Malaga handled 18,628,876 passengers in 2017, a 11.7% increase, provisional stats of course. Considering the number of passengers handled in 2009, this is very significant growth.

Blue Air to begin LPL flights as well.

nivsy
14th Jan 2018, 20:15
Anyone sitting in the back should be aware that this is easily one of the most dangerous airports in Europe .

The Air Traffic Comtrol system is broken ,both the people and the technology. Way way behind international standards and unwilling to listen to any form of candid , constructive critique.

Scary place and I've been in a few

Quite an allegation! Where are the facts?

compton3bravo
15th Jan 2018, 08:57
Yes, could you enlighten us further please.

HH6702
15th Jan 2018, 14:22
Mountains to one side of air field

MKY661
15th Feb 2018, 16:56
Saudia to return to the airport since 2004. 2 weekly flights to both Riyadh & Jeddah:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277001/saudia-plans-malaga-service-resumption-in-s18/

Qatar also rumoured to come here this summer too.

Dannyboy39
15th Feb 2018, 17:46
Well that’s two routes I didn’t expect to see!

Seljuk22
17th Feb 2018, 07:48
Marbella and Gibraltar are not too far away... two good reasons for some people (with money) to go there ;)

GdLSF
17th Feb 2018, 13:45
Read in the local rag when I was there last week, that Qatar are starting in May

MKY661
18th Feb 2018, 00:50
Wings of Lebanon to also continue their seasonal Charter BEY-AGP route this year (Via IBZ). The route will also increase to 2pw.

Also the Rent a Car area underneath the Baggage Hall in Terminal 2 is now closed off. The desks are now in the Baggage Hall itself.

Aksai Oiler
18th Feb 2018, 02:15
Rent a car has been there since before Xmas

MKY661
8th Mar 2018, 12:40
Confirmed Qatar will start on a Seasonal basis on 4th June subject to Government approval. Flights will be 3pw and will be operated by a Boeing 787-8

nivsy
8th Mar 2018, 21:22
Confirmed Qatar will start on a Seasonal basis on 4th June subject to Government approval. Flights will be 3pw and will be operated by a Boeing 787-8

Nice one...😁

MKY661
11th Nov 2018, 21:55
Pier C has closed tonight for the rest of the Winter Season for floor & air conditioning replacement and refurbished toilet facilities (not sure what else is being done). Article in Spanish:
https://www.laopiniondemalaga.es/malaga/2018/11/09/aena-invertira-50-millones-euros/1045928.html

Plane.Silly
12th Nov 2018, 06:49
And probably half of the summer season too, works like this always over run

MKY661
11th Feb 2019, 10:19
I will be travelling through the airport tonight so I will check out how the Refurbishment works in Pier C are coming along.

Also Gulf Air to start flights from 14th June with onward travel to Casablanca:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282818/gulf-air-adds-seasonal-malaga-service-in-s19/

occasional
12th Oct 2019, 20:25
Is anyone able to explain why an aircraft taking off southwards from Malaga but with a destination north of Madrid turns right and returns over the airport, rather than turning left and taking the shorter route northwards ?

Flying Wild
12th Oct 2019, 21:15
Is anyone able to explain why an aircraft taking off southwards from Malaga but with a destination north of Madrid turns right and returns over the airport, rather than turning left and taking the shorter route northwards ?

The standard departure routing has aircraft departing on the BLN 3C, for reasons known only to the Spanish. You do occasionally get a Left turn after departure. Most pilots will request it when they get passed to the departure radar controller after takeoff. It's then down to capacity and controller workload as to whether you get the turn or not.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/img_8909_25833ab092985c79d35c1a366832828e3ece5d88.jpg

MKY661
30th Jun 2020, 20:21
Pier D reopens tomorrow. All flights had been using Pier C during the lockdown.

MKY661
21st Sep 2020, 16:17
T2 is now closed for the winter season due to low demand, although Pier C will remain open for non-schengen flights.

davidjohnson6
15th Dec 2023, 12:03
Gates A and B seem to get very little activity, while almost all pax are sent to the C and D gates.
Anybody know the plan around this ?

MKY661
15th Dec 2023, 12:52
Gates A and B seem to get very little activity, while almost all pax are sent to the C and D gates.
Anybody know the plan around this ?

B Gates very much active, I arrived at B25 last week and there were still flights departing from Pier B on Sunday evening, though I agree that C is used more than B.

MKY661
18th Mar 2024, 09:47
Saw on the Skyscrapercity forum that plans are in place to extend T3 to the north with a further 22 contact stands, of what I assume will be called Pier E:
https://cdn.mitma.gob.es/portal-web-drupal/aviacion/planes_directores/malaga/plano_10.pdf