PDA

View Full Version : Colin Menage, ex Nav and IOT Flt Cdr

captainsmiffy
1st Jul 2011, 06:52
Chaps,

Don't panic - (he is alive and well as far as I know!). Am trying to track down the above gentleman and the 'Where are they now' thread only threw up a few pms but no other response, so I thought that this might be an appropriate thread to trawl for info. Forgive me if the use of the wrong section p****s you off! The man in question was a nav, I believe originally on Shacks and then Victors and was a part of the refuelling mission for the Black Buck sorties down south...I believe that he may also have been a part of 'the management' more lately down in Ascension. He might now be working for

Am a former member of his IOT flight and would like to get back in touch.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BEagle
1st Jul 2011, 07:30
Ah - you mean Supreme Commander Allied Forces Ascension Island?

I've PM'd you with the last known e-mail address I had for him.

Wensleydale
1st Jul 2011, 11:10
Shame he wasn't on 3 Sqn. He'd then be "menage a trois"!

(Sorry):O

Mal Drop
1st Jul 2011, 11:50
I have memories of a telephone handset in a briefcase from my dealings with him at Cranditz. Glad to hear that he has not shuffled off the mortal coil...

captainsmiffy
1st Jul 2011, 16:19
BEagle, thnx for the heads-up; unfortunately the e-mail now invalid.

PPRuNeUser0139
1st Jul 2011, 16:51
Have you tried dstl at their Central Enquiries email address here (http://www.dstl.gov.uk/pages/169)?
Worth a punt..

captainsmiffy
1st Jul 2011, 19:21
Thanks, sidevalve - will try that one. Fingers crossed!

p2cat
12th Sep 2011, 00:04
If you find him, tell him the Yank flt cdr is tryin' to track him down!

grizz
12th Sep 2011, 19:15
That wouldn't be the flight commander that had the Mazda RX would it?

Snakecharmer
16th Sep 2011, 07:46
Quote:

Shame he wasn't on 3 Sqn. He'd then be "menage a trois"!

(Sorry)

As I recall, he was the IOT Flt Cdr for 3 Flt, so indeed he was...

Janda
11th Sep 2016, 07:48
Long time between posts on this subject but today marks 30 years since I graduated from Cranwell. Colin was my Flt Cmdr. I would be interested in any news re him.

MG
11th Sep 2016, 18:08
I happened to bump into him, at place just off the M32, on Tuesday. He's contracting there for the time being, after being with dstl for a few years. He was on good form, as always.
I see you were on the same flight as a couple of GR1 navs that I was at Brüggen with.

Hueymeister
12th Sep 2016, 14:05
Cripes...a very young Dave C**s:eek:

Janda
12th Sep 2016, 20:10
MG I would be interested to know which of the guys went on to be Navs as all the prospective aircrew were off to taxi driver training!! Great if you could PM me.

Sure is Hueymaster. I understand he went on to great things?

captainsmiffy
13th Sep 2016, 10:14
Thanks for the update, MG. I started nav training, after 3 flt with Colin as my Flt Cmdr, but ended up driving A380s for a different mob....