PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Festival of Speed - 2011

FLY 7
29th Jun 2011, 16:06
Can someone clarify the correct arrival procedure for helicopters during the FoS?

I booked an arrival slot a few weeks ago and received an information sheet which basically said arrive at 'The Trundle' (North of the field, west of the racecourse) and proceed to the 24 numbers at low level (r/w 24/06 not in use) then onward to the parking.

However, I was there today and was told this isn't correct and was issued in error. Helicopters should approach from Tangmere (s.e. of the field) to the grass triangle (not overflying the FoS site and remaining clear of the fixed wing runway -32/14).

Anyone know which is correct?

firebird_uk
29th Jun 2011, 22:40
The documentation on the Goodwood website says Trundle, 24 Threshold.

You can find it here (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/downloads/aviation/aerodrome/2011-aviation-special-events-arrangements-document-v4.pdf).

FB

FLY 7
29th Jun 2011, 23:07
FB

Yes, that's what I received.

But today, Weds, I was told those instructions are wrong.

Tomorrow, Thurs, is the first day - let's see what happens :confused:.

FLY 7
30th Jun 2011, 22:40
HELICOPTER JOINING PROCEDURES AMENDED.

There has been an amendment to the joining procedures for helicopters arriving for The Festival of Speed. .

If runway 32 is in use for fixed wing, helicopters should join from the south east via Tangmere, then make their approach to a red H situated west of the Tower remaining east of runway 32.
If dropping off pax you will be directed by ATS to a numbered gate which is also west of the Tower.

If runway 14 is in use , helicopters should join west of the Trundle , then make their approach to the red H situated west of the Tower remaining east of runway 14 as above.
Helicopter parking is situated north of the Aerodrome, there is no heli marshaller available at this event. Pilots are asked to exercise caution.

ShyTorque
1st Jul 2011, 16:46
Pilots are asked to exercise caution.

So as not to be confused by confusing arrival information, or at least not to use the earlier, less confusing information? :p