PDA

View Full Version : Le Bourget Air Show Trends

easaman
29th Jun 2011, 12:53
One of the results of the "Le Bourget Air Show" was the tendency to have more electric actuators (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_4_07/article_02_1.html) on the airplane, instead of hydraulic, fuel-hydraulics or pneumatics!
The other tendency was more carbon fibre material (http://www.easa-66.eu/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=218&p=398#p398) on the airplane, even push-pull rods are made of carbon fibre material!
Cheers
easaman

Rigga
29th Jun 2011, 22:21
...your point being...?

easaman
30th Jun 2011, 07:08
>Rigga ...your point being...?

Electrically actuated brakes,
Lightweight electric actuators instead of hydraulics or pneumatics,
Push-Pull-Rods and Bearing housing made of composite material
See Pictures for more...
Your future job will be more electrician and less mechanic....
Cheers easaman

Beeline
30th Jun 2011, 16:44
The components will still be dirty and still in high places. Mechanical.

Electrons only provide the energy for a motor of an actuator, rotary or linear to perform its mechanical force, unless they now have mass to push.

Does my unrestricted B1 cover me for such things at the moment, yes.

What will change??

The more of a worry is that less things will go wrong, mechanical and avionic.

The good thing is 90% of my work is the effect of friction, or catering trucks, unlike other trades.

Rigga
30th Jun 2011, 21:31
easaman,

The trouble is that all these things weigh less if electrics are squeezed through them....and I dont mind not getting "oily" in the future.

..Mind, I dont think I'll be doing those jobs then anyway.

Cheers!
Rigga

grounded27
30th Jun 2011, 23:49
Jumped on the Avionic band wagon years ago, can not go wrong.

As for the air show the largest and most notable trend is Airbus destroying or damaging aircraft. WTF they are on their home turf?

cedgz
1st Jul 2011, 00:18
A380 pilot was a brit, he just forgot that the traffic(embraer building) on the right has priority