PDA

View Full Version : aircraft owners please help

Donegal Dan
29th Jun 2011, 11:33
Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to buy an aircraft but I'm new to the aircraft owning side of things and would really appreciate some advice.

plane info is;

Piper Lance PA-32R 300
non t tail.
6 seat
96 hours left on 100 hourly
40,000 AUS dollars

I am considering purchasing it and think its at a extremely good price. It's flying and the owner said he will deliver it to me.

I'd hate to let it go and regret missing a good opportunity and any advice would be great.

The dream would be to use it to build my hours and tour around Australia with my friends and some time maybe fly it home to Ireland from Australia.

all advice will be noted.

Cheers guys

wsmempson
29th Jun 2011, 11:36
It can't be a 1967. Do you mean 1976?

Pilot DAR
29th Jun 2011, 12:06
If that offer were being presented to me, I would be looking to see what's wrong with the plane. It seems too cheap to me. Not trying to nay say, but if you decide to go ahead, pay for a very thorough independant inspection.

The flight from Australia to Ireland would be amazing, but is not for the newer pilot. Big experience and preparation required for that!

Unusual Attitude
29th Jun 2011, 14:02
No mention of TTE / STOH / SMOH and TTAF etc?, at that price I'd think its probably going to be due a new engine soon.....

IMHO, Cheap asking price + wobbly & complex bits = big bills further down the line.....

fernytickles
29th Jun 2011, 14:41
Try AOPA for a good guidance on prices for planes. Our philosophy has always been to buy the absolute best we can afford in the type we are looking at.

There's a lot of Lances out there, so look around and see what others are on the market, what you can get for that price etc. There will always be other planes, and quite probably, something better, out there.

Take the time to look at other types. Is a Lance really the best plane for you and your needs? Maybe a C210 or something totally different would be a better fit.

Have it inspected by a reputable mechanic, but be aware that they may not catch everything at that inspection.

If you change your mind about bringing it home, would you be able to sell it again?

Question why it is such a good price? Sellers rarely want to sell a plane "for a good price", they want to sell it for "the best price they can get".