PDA

View Full Version : Flying into Adelaide YPAD

dickair
27th Jun 2011, 11:13
Hi All, I want to fly into Adelaide but haven't done it since my PPL training. What is the procedure to get in to the GA park and Out or is it best to go in there with an instructor? as a refresher?

UnderneathTheRadar
27th Jun 2011, 11:37
Of all the primaries, YPAD is the GA-friendliest I've been to (along with Launy and Hobart). Just know your calls and when you get on the ground request taxi guidance - they'll move you out the way of the big guys then send a car for you to follow.

Easy!

Xcel
27th Jun 2011, 11:57
There is only one taxi way you need to the ga so easy as...

Possibly the easiest port to get in/ out of. If you can avoid peak hour it is nigh impossible to stuff up as she gets pretty quiet outside those times.

dickair
27th Jun 2011, 12:01
Thanks for that! Can't wait to give it a go

Cheers

Old Akro
27th Jun 2011, 13:47
Jeppview on the LS800 makes navigating the taxiways easy. I'm not sure if OzRunways will put your position on the airport diagramme. But the Adelaide tower guys are really good. Don't be shy about asking for assistance.

rocket66
28th Jun 2011, 02:46
Here's a question. Are there any iPhone aps that use the phones gps to mark your position on taxiways at majors? Sort of like the iPhone maps except on an airport? Would really help at airports like LAX!

Rocket