PDA

View Full Version : Qrewroom and QF management..

Sonny Hammond
26th Jun 2011, 09:21
QF pilots, I have a question regarding Qrewroom and who can read it and post.

Given the current circumstances, why are guys like the previous chief pilot (with questionable allegiances) and similar still privy to the 'discussion' that takes place on Qrewroom, particularly on mainline?

I guess the moderator has to walk the fence to a degree but wouldn't a bit of privacy be a better idea?

Obviously the board and management don't reciprocate..although i'm sure they appreciate the bb's availability to them...

noip
26th Jun 2011, 09:56
I don't know that the previous chief pilot ever reads QR.....

As for the "Moderator" ... he owns it .. it is his train set .. no-one has to use it if they don't want to ..

N

Sub Orbital
26th Jun 2011, 10:12
Re APA bid, previous CEO (GD) stood to collect $38 million personally. There were 36 names on the list who stood to gain personally. The previous Chief Pilot (CM) was in the slush fund for $3.3 million. Yep, and Leslie Grant was up there big time. Fortunately there was no one else from flight ops compromised.

Sonny Hammond
26th Jun 2011, 12:32
Ok Noip, maybe 2 CP's ago then...

My point remains, while QF mainline battles for survival, a lot of the inside running is open to see.

?? :confused:

Tankengine
26th Jun 2011, 12:34
I think you mean 2 DCPs ago.
As stated, the moderator OWNS the site.:)

noip
26th Jun 2011, 12:38
what tankengine said

n

Sonny Hammond
26th Jun 2011, 12:42
Guys, I thinking we are pingponging on two threads here.

I take your point about the ownership. I was out by one on the CP thingy.

Do you have access to the bulletin board where the board discuss strategy with oldmeadow?

Last comment from me on this- i'm on your side.

SkyScanner
27th Jun 2011, 06:27
Sonny, unfortunately everyone from management to consultants find out what is on their daily. Most QCC2 managers have access to it including old slot allocations staff. All pilots especially S/Os are normally careful what they write because they don't particularly want their name passing from the Chief Pilot's lips.

DutchRoll
27th Jun 2011, 06:40
That's true SkyScanner.

When I was an S/O I was fairly careful about Qrewroom. But now....well let's just say you eventually get over that fear though you still need to sit on your words for a while before you hit "submit".

BTW, I've had a private message from a flight ops manager having a go at me on Qrewroom. He didn't have his facts straight, naturally. I printed it off and put it in my permanent file for a rainy day. Sometimes the execs are not all that bright, given their seniority and experience. Nothing you don't already realise, I'm sure!