PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr & Mrs Darby Dennis

GICASI
25th Jun 2011, 09:24
I was wondering what the chances are of the following:

Dear Mr and Mrs Darby Dennis,

You will recall receiving £950,000 compensation following your successful damages claim against the MOD in 2003 . Your case has been passed to me under our closed cases review process (we are a CMMI Level 2 organization don’t you know?).

I am reliably informed that the basis of your claim no longer pertains, following the retirement from Service of the Harrier aircraft fleet in December 2010. A substantial rebate to Tax Payers is now due.

Settlement of the enclosed invoice is due within 30 days.

Yours ever,

G Osborne

PS: Pardon my curiosity, but when you viewed Walcot Hall as a prospective purchaser, was it on a Sunday between Christmas and New Year?

Wholigan
25th Jun 2011, 09:43
Would be nice to see wouldn't it?

Glad to see you back mate, haven't seen you round these parts for a while.

Halton Brat
25th Jun 2011, 10:01
Perhaps we should send them donation info for 'Help for Heroes'...........

I would like to think that I would die of shame if I had taken this money from the nation's (now depleted) treasure.

HB

sisemen
25th Jun 2011, 16:33
Tossers like that get my goat. Unless the couple are well over 100 years of age then they must have known of the proximity of an airfield and the fact that their "ride" points directly at the centre-line of the runway.

Archimedes
25th Jun 2011, 16:51
IIRC, they moved into the place when Wittering was still home to part of the V-Force, so they might have had a clue about the noise. What they didn't have was the desire to start a horse-riding business (only when the various dobbins expressed concern over the noise did they engage a lawyer on the grounds that the noise was preventing them from conducting legitimate business, which contravened their rights).

A2QFI
25th Jun 2011, 18:58
ISTR that it was a conference centre/management training set-up. Whatever the noise nuisance may have been it has gone now. A Legal report on the case and judgement is here:-

One Crown Office Row - Article (http://www.1cor.com/1158/?form_1155.replyids=4)