PDA

View Full Version : Electras

training wheels
27th Feb 2001, 04:22
I know this is gonna sound weird, but I actually have a burning desire to fly (as a pax) one of these classics. Are there any operators who still fly them?

EGAC
27th Feb 2001, 19:58
Training wheels, I think you're out of luck.

Last June I was fortunate to fly Anchorage - Port Heiden - Sand Point - Anchorage in a Reeve Aleutian Electra (Combi). Great flights and great scenery. In-flight catering was by Subway Sandwiches!

Sad to say that RAA has since ceased ops. and I believe they were the last pax. operator of the L.188.

Squawk 8888
27th Feb 2001, 23:06
Air Canada has a lovingly restored Electra (might be a Super, not sure) that they bring out for occasional charity flight. For the last few years, every June they'd park it at Toronto City Centre (CYTZ) and operate fly-bys of Niagara Falls, forget the price but it was less than $100. If you send me an email I can drop you a line when the next one is announced.

pigboat
28th Feb 2001, 01:04
Squawk, TCC is a straight L10A. Love to be able to get a ride in it. Used to fly it in 1966-67 when it was operated by Northern Wings.

Mark 1
28th Feb 2001, 17:39
Atlantic airlines at Coventry had some last time I looked, but all in freight configuration probably.

Don't know of a web site, but as they are the airport operator, it should be easy to make contact.

CRX
3rd Mar 2001, 17:28
Try Atlantic Airlines at Coventry,UK. They have about half a dozen freighters and can normally be persuaded to allow jump seat pax if approached properly.