PDA

View Full Version : G1000 "minimums" callout?

Contacttower
23rd Jun 2011, 21:25
Just wondering if anyone who flys G1000 uses the Minimum Descent Altitude feature on the timer/references window?

We have it on ours but the system never gives the aural "minimums" call when you go through the set MDA that it says in the manual it should do. Does anyone have any experience that would explain this? Is there a know issue with it?

Tolka
24th Jun 2011, 08:00
Contacttower,

I normally use it when flying an approach and it works all the time. After you press the timer/reference soft key you need to scroll down and change the setting in the box on the bottom left to "baro" then set the minimum altitude in the box on the right.

Tolka

Contacttower
24th Jun 2011, 09:25
Interesting, that is what I do and the setting comes up on the PFD as you approach your set MDA however the voice doesn't come. Do you know what software version you have...just wondering if there is a bug or something with ours which I think is 0563.01 or .02?

silverknapper
24th Jun 2011, 16:07
I use it and it gives the audible call everytime.

I wonder if the aux page has a profile setting which may have turned it off? Just a thought.

Contacttower
24th Jun 2011, 16:49
Well the AUX page allows one to select male or female but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I know the aural system is working in general because one gets tones for autopilot disconnect, low fuel, altitude etc its just "minimums" that remains silent.

Tolka
26th Jun 2011, 13:43
Contacttower

The version I have is 0563.03

Tolka