PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Licence Allowances Version 09

BEagle
23rd Jun 2011, 14:57
The latest version of the NPPL Licence Allowances document (Version 09) has now been uploaded to the NPPL website at http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/PDFs/NPPL%20XC%20REV%2009.pdf

Changes are indicated by sidebars; these are:

Validity periods are now stated in the pre-amble, including those applicable to applicants seeking additional Class Ratings to be included in existing NPPLs. Basically, any ‘old’ Class Rating must have been valid in the 12 months before application is made for the ‘new’ Class Rating.

Inclusion of requirements applicable to military Medical Officers countersigning Medical Declarations for Service personnel.

Inclusion of standard allowances applicable to incomplete training completed on other aircraft classes towards Microlight Class Ratings.

mrmum
4th Jul 2011, 10:02
BGA Glider Pilots Licence to NPPL (SSEA)
The holder of a valid BGA Glider Pilots Licence who wishes to obtain a NPPL with SSEA Class Rating shall:
a. Produce the BGA Glider Pilots Licence;
b. Produce log book evidence of having satisfactorily completed not less than 10 hours flying training on single-engine piston aeroplanes under the supervision of a FI(A), which must include:
(1) Not less than 1 hour dual instruction in stall/spin awareness and avoidance;
(2) Not less than 1 hour dual instrument appreciation;
(3) Not less than 1 hour supervised solo flight.
c. Pass the JAR-FCL PPL (A) theoretical examinations;
d. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAA Class 1 or 2 medical certificate;
e. Pass the NPPL NST and GST in a SSEA.

BEagle, in the quote above from your posted link, does the hour referred to in (1) and (2) need to be actually doing the exercise, or can it include taxi, departure and arrival, i.e. the whole logged flight time? As it would for solo or navigation/cross-country requirements.

Whopity
4th Jul 2011, 10:29
From JAR-FCL 1.001 DefinitionsFlight time:
The total time from the moment an aircraft
first moves for the purpose of taking off until the
moment it finally comes to rest at the end of the
flight.
I appreciate the NPPL is nothing to do with the JAA but I can no longer find this in the ANO since it was rearranged. The principle is the same.