PDA

View Full Version : RAK, UAE flight training

ADB25
23rd Jun 2011, 08:44
Hi guys,

I have been offered a job in RAK and move out in 6 weeks which is all exciting stuff!

I am a low hour PPL student and would like to continue my training in the UAE, does anyone know if there is any red tape involved in a british citizen embarking on flight training and if so what would need to be done. Secondly does anyone have any experience of this and know of any good flying schools.

Many thanks

ADB

newcadet23
23rd Jun 2011, 10:00
hi there

I am a British citizen as well. I am currently a cadet for a local airline. We have NO difficulties in applying for flying training. As for good schools go what do u want to do exactly? I am at doing an MPL course at Sharjah some 1 hour drive from RAK. Infact I have a ex RAF navigator who is currently teaching me a few course in MPL. He lives in RAK and loves it there

ADB25
23rd Jun 2011, 12:16
Thanks New Cadet!

I am wanting to continue my PPL and see where it takes me really. I fly for fun to be honest and want to do all my ratings eventually. Luckily i will have enough money to continue my ppl and start my IR e.t.c afterwards. Will certainly look into the fly club. Does it have a website.

Many thanks

Adb

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Jun 2011, 13:59
The PPL situation has well been covered, but there is a local microlight field very close to Al Hamrah, on the coast road.

Not so easy to get UAE PPL, but call in and ask the questions, they are all human.

Glf

ADB25
23rd Jun 2011, 15:14
GulfStream,

With reference to the PPL being well covered, can you elaborate please? Thanks :ok:

ADB

newcadet23
23rd Jun 2011, 17:12
Alpha Aviation Academy Sharjah, United Arab Emirates | World class training for international aviation personnel (http://www.alphagroup.aero/uae.asp)

This flying academy does not provide PPL. It is more to train the students to get a MPL and then help them to get a job with Air Arabia. It is a 19 month course. After u complete it and get a job with the airline u will get a nice salary of about 30k dhs/month tax free. Much better than back home lol! :)

wegdan
23rd Jun 2011, 21:51
why u sure of working with air arabia ((i contacted them and they tell me no guarantee))
what if he didnt work in air arabia what will he do with his mpl???

newcadet23
24th Jun 2011, 04:45
Wegdan, I am firstly just giving him info on the MPL. I do not want him to think that is it a flying school like like he seemed to think initally. Secondly, if u train well at air arabia and meet the miniumum requirements u will get the job. If we do not then there is little we can do with the licence atm :(

wegdan
24th Jun 2011, 07:08
newcadet23, can you tell me about the min requirements with air arabia ??
ok let me go to the next step you want min 1000tt with min 500 h type to be have the min requirements an then they have the right to accept you or not , with 1000tt and 500 on type i think he will not get the min requirements after finishing the mpl course in alpha academy >>>>?

newcadet23
24th Jun 2011, 10:21
wegdan there is already another thread regarding Air Arabia in these forums. Read them. You will be training with Air Arabia as a second officer and then as a first officer. You will meet the minimum requirements. If not then they will not let you progress to the next stage.

sami1
24th Jun 2011, 13:08
what are the minimum requirement for second first officers with Air Arabia ??

newcadet23
24th Jun 2011, 14:16
second first officer?

you only become a second officer after studying at alpha aviation. It is part of the course.