PDA

View Full Version : GA Pilots needed for Cranfield Research Study

grant_chapman
22nd Jun 2011, 14:10
Permission was sought and gained from PPRuNe Towers

Hi my name is Grant, I am an MSc student studying at Cranfield University.

I am looking for General Aviation pilots to take part in a
portable flight simulator trial throughout June and July, no more than 1 hour of your time, whenever, wherever convenient.

All data is confidential and held in accordance with the data protection act and destroyed after analysis.

For more information please contact Grant Chapman

[email protected]

The500man
22nd Jun 2011, 16:43
What is your area of study? What are you attempting to prove? What do you mean by portable simulator? Laptop? A few more details might get more people interested.

Pilot DAR
22nd Jun 2011, 16:49
Hi Grant,

Im happy to help, if I can remotely from Canada. Perhaps the PPRuNe members would benefit a bit more from understanding the "how" and "where" elements of your project. Is this web based, or do we have to come to a particular location?

Conventional Gear
22nd Jun 2011, 18:07
I would be happy to help out too, tried to send email and the address was rejected, you might want to check your spam settings ;)

Sillert,V.I.
22nd Jun 2011, 18:16
Have sent you a pm due to the email problem referenced earlier.

grant_chapman
22nd Jun 2011, 19:41
Hi

I am looking for about 40 PPL pilots to take part in my research study. I am comparing GPS and non GPS usage in General Aviation and I am based at Cranfield University and live in Hertfordshire, Letchworth Garden City.

The experiment is based on a flight simulator on my laptop; it is portable so I can come to you, or meet at an agreed location. All we need is a quiet room for about 45 minutes of your time, in which you are required to fly a simple route. Unfortunately it is not web based, all the trials need to be conducted under the same conditions.

After I have finished the paper I can keep you updated on my findings and send you a copy.

It is completely confidential and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act, all data is destroyed after analysis. I have ethics approval from Cranfield University Ethics Committee.

I would be very grateful for your help, I am aiming to have completed all the data collection buy the end of July. If you have any questions I will be glad to answer them.

Kind Regards

Grant

[email protected]
or [email protected]

wsmempson
22nd Jun 2011, 21:08
Very happy to help. PM or email me...

paulthornton
23rd Jun 2011, 20:13
Hi Grant,

Happy to help - have E-mailed you.

Paul.

jxc
23rd Jun 2011, 21:19
I'm Happy to help as well

My bet is on the Gps winning

Miroku
25th Jun 2011, 14:48
Count me in too. I live fairly close to Cranfield.