PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding an old movie!

photobear
19th Jun 2011, 21:36
I've been trying to find an old hollywood aviation movie for years, but I can't remember the name of it!

In part it was about the development of the homing beacon and instrument landing system. It was a war movie and probably took place pre WWII. All I remember is this guy developed a system where a transmitter would send out a signal, and the pilot would watch an instrument on his flight panel that showed two needles....when the needles crossed, it meant he was on line with his target, and a series of three lights helped determine the altitude. The field was socked in with heavy weather and the hero, who had done something earlier that made the squadron not trust him, risked his life by taking off with the device (before it had been thoroughly tested) and brought a squadron of planes in for a safe landing. I keep thinking Errol Flynn was in it but I could be wrong. And no, I'm not thinking about Dive Bomber!

Help please!

NutherA2
20th Jun 2011, 09:07
Try "Flight Command" (1940), starred Robert Taylor, Walter Pidgeon...........

photobear
20th Jun 2011, 11:49
THAT'S IT!!! Wow, that's amazing. I couldn't track this down for years and suddenly I get an answer in less than one day on this board! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, NUTHERA2!!