PDA

View Full Version : Schweizer's 300cbi STAR system

pilas40
19th Jun 2011, 18:02
Hi everyone

can someone help me locating info on the star system for the 300 cbi ?

kind regards
Pilas40

tony 1969
19th Jun 2011, 19:56
What kind of info do you need.
Consists of three parts.

Auto clutch engagement, Move clutch switch from RELEASE to ENGAGE back to HOLD and the clutch should look after itself, it has a 3 speed position switch (off, slow, fast) usually use slow speed unless belts are at or near operating temperature. or you can turn it off and use clutch like the older models.

Low Rrpm horn and light, Flashing light and intermittent horn when Erpm below 2530rpm (less than power on limit). and steady light and horn below 390 RRPM. (Power off limit, in reality I have found the steady light and horn to come on slightly above 390Rrpm which is no bad thing)
Mute button shuts the horn up and system resets when rpm goes back above power off lower limit (442-472 Rrpm once again need to check that figure its been a while!)
Mute button also used to test the horn before engine start,

Engine overspeed, grounds magnetos if engine rpm exceeds 1800 rpm on without clutch engaged (ie too much throttle on start) and keeps grounding them till you shut the throttle so you get engine revving up and down a couple of times. Should not be abused by allowing start with excessive throttle.
Hope that helps

pilas40
19th Jun 2011, 20:24
Thanks a lot for the help

I’m looking for info to do a presentation on it for my CFI curse.
I was trying to get some kind of schematic or some official information to quote on the presentation its surprisingly difficult to get

But once again thanks

tony 1969
19th Jun 2011, 21:03
perhaps speak to your local engineering guys they may be able to help.
Only ever seen the info contained in the Flight manual

FLY 7
20th Jun 2011, 14:09
The STAR system is useful feature - apparently standard on the 300CBi but an optional extra on the more expensive 300C.

Anyone retro-fitted it?

As posted elsewhere, I'm on the look out for just the 'start up rev limiter' if anyone knows where I can get one (new or s/h)?

Darren999
20th Jun 2011, 14:46
We have one on our S300 CBi it works very well!
If I got another helicopter I would fit the system again..