PDA

View Full Version : A kid's view into flying

borjaracing
19th Jun 2011, 14:27
I bet most of you have come across this kid's homework at some stage, but with so much s**t hapenning around lately (see under "location" :ugh:), I thought it worth-while to analise some points of this kid's innocent view of our sometimes beloved sometimes hated proffesion.

Why do I want to become a Pilot? (School work from a US kid)

“When I grow up, I want to become a Pilot, because it’s a funny profession and easy to perform also. That’s why there’re so many pilots flying around. Pilots don`t need to study much. Knowing the numbers it’s enough for them to read the instruments. I think they must know how to read a road map as well, in order for them not to get lost.
Pilots need to be brave for them have no fear of fog, or if a wing or an engine falls out, they remain calm and they always know what to do.
Pilots need eyes able of seeing through clouds, and they cannot be afraid from lighting nor thunders, since they are much closer to those things than us.
Pilots’ allowance is another thing I do like. They earn more than they can spend. That is so because most people believe flying is dangerous, except from pilots themselves, since only they really know how easy is doing it.
There isn’t much I don’t like from a Pilot’s life, apart from the fact that girls like them very much. I don’t like the hostesses wanting to marry a Pilot either… So much so that they must push them apart, fearing that they got too close.
I really hope not to get air-sick, because I do get car-sick and, if that happened, I wouldn´t be able to become a Pilot, and then I would have to work for real”Not wanting to extend this post too much, and knowing a hundred of guys in this forum ten times funnier than I, I´ll just throw in a couple of first impressions

it’s a funny profession and easy to perform alsoThis applies only to fix-wing, of course... Nothing funny nor easy about looking for a broken legged man at night with electrical malfunctions, around cloud and mountanous terrain. May be exciting or "challenging" at most, but definitely not funny

Pilots don`t need to study much. Knowing the numbers it’s enough for them to read the instruments. I think they must know how to read a road map as well, in order for them not to get lost.Well I'll have to agree on this, expect from the part of knowing how to read maps (thanks G296C!!).

Pilots’ allowance is another thing I do like. They earn more than they can spend. Apart from the fact that I love this boy's ingenuity, the problem comes when your wife can spend twice as much as you can earn

I wouldn´t be able to become a Pilot, and then I would have to work for realThis is the part that applies to HEMS...What can I say: We got nailed on that one!! :E

Now y'all be my guests and cheer up the evening guys

Safe landings

Borja

500e
19th Jun 2011, 17:33
"There isn’t much I don’t like from a Pilot’s life, apart from girls liking them":confused:

S76Heavy
19th Jun 2011, 19:56
500e: remeber, this is supposedly a 10yearold writing..it takes a few more years to change their view about girls.
Actually I saw this 20 years ago, and wonder what became of the kid. Probably an investment banker by now.

Borja: nice to see you back here. Tell the wife to stop spending your allowances or work a bit harder ;)

You know helicopter pilots work bloody hard, at least I do. Then I go to base to get some peace and quiet..

500e
19th Jun 2011, 21:19
That old:E

borjaracing
20th Jun 2011, 01:17
Borja: nice to see you back here. Tell the wife to stop spending your allowances or work a bit harder http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Cheers S76H, we should get back in touch. Are you still flying in Vigo?. And the other question is: Wich one of them can I get to stop spending any money? The ex-wife, the actual wife, or the ones that ain't wives but take away whatever little is left of the already short income we get?. I'm full of doubts, you see? Cos the ex has the kids, the actual, well, no question about it, she does the maths at home. And the last one(s) are the only ones that bring us any fun :}:}. We are "jodidos" mate...